Subject: [dtn-users] PRoPHET router Transitivity scale "beta"

From: Aysha Al-Hinai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:46:46 +1300

Hi Team,

I run the PRoPHET router in the ONE 1.4.1 simulator [both v1 and v2] to
observe the impact of the beta " transitivity scaling metric" on the
performance of DTN nodes.
In theory, if all the nodes in the network are collaborative and they are
neither selfish nor intrusive, then the overall message delivery
probability must increase if we increase beta.
*But in my simulation if I increase beta, the delivery probability drops*,
latency increase and average hop count also increase.
To me that is very weird. So just to reduce the probability that this occur
coz of *limited buffer and ttl*, I configured the tll to be 5 hours and the
buffer size of all nodes in all groups to be 800M. I attached the message
statistics reports with this email. The beta value in the first report
attached is 0.0 and the second it is 0.9 . So can you please have a look at
them and help me find explanation to that.

Cheers,
Aysha Ibrahim al Hinai
University of Otago
New Zealand