Subject: [dtn] IEEE STINT Workshop Call For Papers [Deadline August 1, 2018]

From: "Juan A. Fraire" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 21:55:14 -0300

*5th IEEE International Workshop on Space-Terrestrial Internetworking
(STINT Workshop 2018)Held for a full day session at the 6th Annual IEEE
International Conference on Wireless for Space and Extreme Environments
(WISEE 2018) which will take place from the 11th to the 13th of December
2018 in Huntsville, AL, USA. The WISEE conference will bring together
investigators from NASA, CSA, ESA, and other space agencies, along with
aerospace and space defense industries and academic researchers while
offering the opportunity to attend the keynote speeches of renowned
industry leaders and professors: - Robert Lightfoot, NASA- Larry Leopard,
Marshall Space Flight Center- Dr. Roy H. Olsson III, Defense Advanced
Research Projects Agency- Dr. Amitabh Mishra, US Army CERDEC & University
of Delaware- Prof. Manos Tentzeris, Georgia Tech- Prof. Tadashi Takano,
ISAS Japan Aerospace eXploration Agency- Prof. Simone D’Amico, Stanford
University- Prof. Habib Rashvand, University of WarwickWorkshop Scope and
OverviewThe STINT Workshop addresses emerging technical topics related to
data exchange between and amongst space-based and terrestrial network
nodes. Such communications systems accept space assets as first-class nodes
performing common network functions including stateful packet inspection,
routing, management, and security. Research papers are solicited for the
protocols, applications, and operational concepts required to make these
internetworks both technically feasible and operationally deployable.
Specifically, STINT welcomes researchers and practitioners in the following
areas. - Modeling and dynamics of mobile space-based for optical\RF
networks- Autonomous configuration and control of network nodes- Protocols,
applications, and concepts for network management- Adaptive networking
technologies (e.g., SDN, ICN)- Delay- and disruption-tolerant networking-
Store-and-forward routing, congestion modeling, and topological
synchronization- Deep Space Networks and the solar system Internet-
End-to-end security services across an internetworking overlay-
Commercial/scientific/government mission concepts enabled by internetworks-
Optical network availability, resilience and survivability- Optical network
using photonic integrated circuits- Optical time and frequency
transferSubmission GuidelinesSTINT follows the guidelines for paper and
poster submissions for the WISEE 2018 conference. Specifically, accepted
and presented full-length Research Papers (6 pages) or poster abstracts (3
pages) will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to
IEEE Xplore as well as other Indexing databases. Please make sure you
select the STIN workshop in the “topic” section of the WISEE submission
page: https://edas.info/N24232 <https://edas.info/N24232>.Important Dates -
Paper submission: 1st of August 2018- Paper notification: 1st of September
2018- End of early-bird registration: 1st of October 2018- STINT workshop:
11th to 13th of December 2018 (specific date to be confirmed)More
information - STINT website: https://www.stintworkshops.org
<https://www.stintworkshops.org>- WISEE website:
http://sites.ieee.org/wisee/ <http://sites.ieee.org/wisee/>Workshop Chairs
- Marius Feldmann (TUD), - Nelli Mosavi (APL),- Edward J. Birrane (APL), -
Juan A. Fraire (CONICET) *