Subject: [EAI] I-D Action:draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 01:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Downgrading mechanism for Email Address Internationalization
	Author(s)       : K. Fujiwara, Y. Yoneya
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-08.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2008-07-14

Traditional mail systems handle only ASCII characters in SMTP
envelope and mail header fields.  The Email Address
Internationalization (UTF8SMTP) extension allows UTF-8 characters in
SMTP envelope and mail header fields.  To avoid rejecting
internationalized Email messages when a server in the delivery path
does not support the UTF8SMTP extension, some sort of converting
mechanism is required.  This document describes a downgrading
mechanism for Email Address Internationalization.  Note that this is
a way to downgrade, not tunnel.  There is no associated up-conversion
mechanism, although internationalized email clients might use
original internationalized addresses or other data when displaying or
replying to downgraded messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-downgrade-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima