Subject: [eap] Background material on PIC, etc.

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:58:50 -0800 (PST)

At IETF 53, I was asked for some references on the development of PIC and
other EAP tunneling concepts. Much of the original work here was done in
the PPPEXT and IPSRA WGs. Here are some references:

IETF Proceedings:
 
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/directory.html
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97dec/index.html (first discussion of EAP
TLS and tunneling in PPPEXT WG)
 
IPSRA WG archives:

Discussion on use of TLS/SSL tunneling for protected authentication:
 
http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsra/mail-archive/msg00458.html
http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsra/mail-archive/msg00462.html
http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsra/mail-archive/msg00582.html
http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsra/mail-archive/msg00574.html
http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsra/mail-archive/msg00892.html
 
Certificate-based roaming (ROAMOPS):
 
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/IEEE/draft-ietf-roamops-cert-02.txt