Subject: [eap] eap state machines

From: [email-masked] (Bryan D. Payne)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:31:57 -0500 (EST)

This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
  while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
  Send mail to [email-masked] for more info.

---559023410-1804928587-1016033517=:15148
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII

Item 5 on the BoF Agenda is the EAP state machine.  Nick Petroni and
myself have put together a "first draft" of the authenticator and peer
state machines for EAP.  Attached is a copy of this work.

We will present these at the BoF session next week, but wanted everyone to
have time to look it over, think about it, and discuss it before hand.

One thing is worth noting, the extensible part of EAP is a tricky thing to
capture in a state machine.  I think that we've found a decent way to
represent this, but we are open to comments.

Thanks,
bryan payne

---559023410-1804928587-1016033517=:15148
Content-Type: APPLICATION/PDF; name="eap-state-machine.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: BASE64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Description: 
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="eap-state-machine.pdf"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
---559023410-1804928587-1016033517=:15148--