Subject: [eap] EAP type for smartcards

From: Pascal Urien <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:07:37 +0200

Hi Everybody,

I new draft as been posted to the IETF.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-urien-eap-smartcard-type-00.txt

    This draft is supported by the WLAN Smartcard Consortium
    see   http://www.wlansmartcard.org/press_releases_0.html and
    introduces an unique  EAP type, which should be used
     when  the authenticator requests  that the client processes
    EAP method in smartcard.

Regards

Pascal Urien
==========

Title:   draft-urien-eap-smartcard-type-00.txt
Authors: P.Urien,W.Habraken ,D. Flattin,H. Ganem
Expired date: March  2005

Abstract:

Smart Cards are hardware security devices that are widely used in
    data and voice networks to authenticate users and devices, and to
    enforce security policies on the client platform.

    The EAP Smart Card Protocol (EAP-SC) defines an EAP Method and
    Multiplexing model for the support of Smart Card based
    authentication methods. EAP-SC provides a uniform framework for
    interfacing with Smart Cards within the EAP [RFC3748] context. EAP-
    SC provides for encapsulation of other EAP methods (such as [EAP-
    TLS], [EAP-SIM] and [EAP-AKA]).

    EAP-SC enhances the security of authentication methods by enabling
    the use of Smart Cards for the secure provisioning and storage of
    keys and credentials, and the secure execution of security sensitive
    functions. In addition, EAP-SC provides security requirements for
    the support of Smart Card based Authentication Methods that ensure a
    uniform level of security complementary to the underlying
    authentication method.

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap