Subject: [eap] Re: RFC 3579

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:01:37 -0700 (PDT)

> My question
> a) When can authenticating peer/RADIUS-Server send multiple EAP messages?
> Has it got any thing to do with fragmentation?

Multiple EAP-Message attributes can be sent within a single RADIUS packet.
However, multiple EAP packets cannot be sent within a single RADIUS
packet.  EAP is a "lock step" protocol as documented in RFC 3748.

> b) Can some one please tell me what is differentiating an EAP message with
> an EAP packet?

An EAP packet can be split into multiple EAP-Message attributes.
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

---

From: "Suresh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:48:37 +0530

Thanks for clarification. From the above

Is my understanding below also valid?
An Access Accept/Reject packet will not have multiple EAP-Message
attributes if they are carrying EAP-Success/Failure message and
vice versa.

regards
Suresh

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:24:23 -0700 (PDT)

> attributes if they are carrying EAP-Success/Failure message and

Yes, this is correct because an EAP-Success or EAP-Failure packet can
always fit within a single EAP-message attribute.
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap