Subject: [eap] Conclusion of the eap-keying WGLC

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 23:20:38 +0300

Based on my review of the mail threads, it seems that we have
concluded the discussion with the below issues, with suggested
text that is available from Bernard's issue list:

351    Incomplete EAP Pre-authentication discussion
352    Channel binding issue
353    Definition of Session-Id/Method-Id
354    Method-Id and Session-Id
355    Data Associated with Authentication
356    Ciphersuite independence and section 1.6.4
357    Channel binding definition
358    AAA-Key section 1.2
359    Typo, Section 1.4 editorial
360    EMSK transport
361    Child key expiry
363    Section 2.2 title
364    Section 2.1 AAA key caching
366    Section 2.2.2
368    Threat Model Assumptions
369    Key lifetime parameter removal

On the following issues the discussion was not yet
completed. Suggested next steps are included:

362    Lower layer params and EMSK

          Here Vidya and Madjid disagreed, but there was
          no followup. The disagreement may actually be
          on text that is from RFC 3748, however. I talked to Bernard
          and we can probably work out what to say so that you
          Vidya and Madjid are OK with it. Expect an e-mail from
          Bernard on this. In general, if there's future IETF work, such
          as work possibly coming out of the HOKEY effort, it can
          relax the rules from RFC 3748, just as RFC 3748 itself
          says: "(This restriction will be relaxed in a future
          document that specifies how the EMSK can be used.)"

365    Ambiguous use of identifier

          It was unclear if Joe was OK with the final proposal.
          Given that there was a fair bit of discussion about this,
          I'd like to make sure that the end result was acceptable.
          Joe?

367    Key scope and eap server auth

          As above, pending Joe's response.

370    Key management

          No discussion. Please comment.

--Jari (doing this on Bernard's behalf as he's one of the authors)

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap

---

From: "Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:12:26 -0400

Hi Jari, Bernard,

Thank you for taking this issue into consideration. Yes I think the text
can be easily manipulated to allow for future specifications defining
usage of EMSK in key derivation.
I will look for the email.

Madjid