Subject: audiovisual style

From: Stafford Mark <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 07:24:37 -0800

Use a client-side JavaScript technology library. JavaScript technology
code on the client side of a web application is viewable. Dynamic Faces
takes care of all of the low-level details related to the AJAX request.
Or you can create custom JavaServer Faces components to handle
server-side processing as well as encapsulate the JavaScript technology
and CSS for client-side processing. 5, you can see how each of the steps
just listed is implemented in code. Existing Java GSS documentation
covers the default case in great detail, so this section will focus on
how to enable or configure Java GSS-API to use native GSS-API. Note that
when a Subject is present, for example, javax.

Accompanying the "Creating an AJAX-Enabled Bookstore Application"
article are the files for the AJAX-enabled bookstore2 application.

Or if you're already using JavaServer Faces technology to build web
applications. If a library provides the AJAX functionality you need,
it's typically simpler to use it in your application than to code that
functionality from scratch.

The object that processed the request returns an XML documentcontaining
any updates that need to go to the client.

useSubjectCredsOnly to false so that Java GSS-API can obtain credentials
from other locations, for example, from native credential caches, in
addition to the Subject's credential sets.

Once you learn to master one ofthese frameworks, you'll find it helps a
lot with developing AJAX-awareapplications and resolving incompatibility
issues and the other commonAJAX pitfalls. When using the native GSS-API
and its underlying native cryptographic mechanisms, the native
credentials and settings in users' environment will be picked up
automatically. This includes converting parameters that the client-side
JavaScript technology passes, and converting the values that the
server-side Java technology returns.

If this is not set, Java GSS-API will look for the native GSS library
using the default Java library path. Thus, Java platform applications
that execute the Java GSS-APIcalls inside aSubject.

You could create a simple Java class on the server to handle the AJAX
requests for the pop-up balloon content.

If you look at the JBoss site and theNetBeans site, there is a nice
bundled JBoss Application Server Bundle.

You are not limited to using one client-side JavaScript technology
library in your web application.

The first part of that URL, faces, is mapped to a FacesServlet
servlet.

In fact, Java EE technologies fit very well with the AJAX methodology.
I'm sure that open-sourcing will be donethoughtfully with a strong focus
on keeping compatibility intact. You must write the callback function in
the client JavaScript technology code.

Using a phase listener is only one of several ways to handle JavaServer
Faces technology requests.

In addition, developers can expose theJavaScript in these JavaServer
Faces-developed AJAX-capable components toenable even more powerful
interactions.