Subject: Follow the link below to learn more about The Three Hundred and how you can

From: puddle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 15:24:07 +0900

One hopes that gerontologists are taking note: this is a big change from
the status quo even just a few years ago, and one that I hope to see
continue.

Modern tools are already good enough to keep a legion of scientists busy
for decades, and they keep getting better. Anyone with that level of
drive and capability could be adding - meaningfully adding - to the
biotechnology revolution ten years from now.

No, we must speak up and organize to ensure that the future of medical
technology is as star-studded as we hope. It is by meaningful criticism
and debate that science advances; the chief battle facing the champions
of new paradigms is often simply to have the incumbents debate you at
all. As a constituency, we who support and desire healthy life extension
have more in common with patient advocates than any other group. "A lot
of things go south when the immune system starts to fail under the
burden of accumulated age-related damage. We're confident we can help
ensure that this generous offer is taken full advantage of! As I've
noted many a time, the path towards medical technologies capable of
repairing age-related cellular damage is about as clear as scientific
research can ever be. All these do is slow the rate at which age-related
damage accumulates, something that decreases in utility the later in our
lives it starts.

These are gloomy prognostications, but we will only live in the future
we desire if we walk with our eyes open, looking ahead and planning.

ONE DAY, WE'LL BE DOING SCIENCE TOOThe implications of an open source
future for biotechnology are interesting to say the least. Are the
greatest challenges to cryonics - and the chances of those undergoing
cryonic suspension - those of human nature rather than the development
of advanced technology for revival? there went the first boulder.

If you want to see healthy life extension research accomplished, then
find a way to fund it - and convince others to do the same. Has phase I
of the SENS game plan - to attract initial attention to SENS concepts
and get scientists interested in working in this area - started to pay
off? Aubrey de Grey is to be congratulated - and supported to the hilt -
for making the uphill progress he has to date within the scientific
community.

But this should give you a sense of just how long it takes to get things
done in longevity research, even in this modern world of
bioinformati

So the interesting question is why would Sir2 overexpression confer a
modest lifespan increase but Sir2 deletion confer substantial lifespan
extension? ece"The Barbados clinic's claims are based on the theory that
this process can be used for cosmetic purposes. Scientists have already
investigated genetically engineered mice missing Sirt1, but that
modification leads to early developmental abnormalities and few
survivors.

To be sure, living longer should be an individual choice, and I bear no
ill will to those who want to opt out .

A much more efficient methodology is needed, one that looks to the root
causes of all these problems. the things that aren't rocket science. The
lunch will be held later this year in Boston once everyone has agreed on
a time. Suppressing Sirt1 in later life - after any interactions with
growth and development have ended - is a whole different experiment,
however. AIDS patient advocates put cancer research advocates to shame
with their success.

Is such a goal ethical? You can learn more about cryonics, vitrification
and the matching fund offer in the following Fight Aging!

Rather than adding copies of SIR2 to yeast, Longo's research group
deleted the gene altogether.

php"Insulin disappears early and dramatically in Alzheimer's disease.
Where are the floating cities, the farms on the ocean floor, the mass
produced flying cars?