Subject: Re:

From: "Jeffrey Sloan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:27:26 +0200

and fifteen-inch shells? What a paradise for a German submarine!
An officer entering a shop and seeing a picture of King Albert on the
asking the impossible, as well as from Americans who wanted to be
artillery, which the British had to make after the war began in order to
Asia which British officers are fond of making. He was "all there,"
as one might cross fields when he had lost his way, and plunged on
after a pause of reflection: "I should like to see her."
and set off a mine that sends Germans skyward in a cloud of dust--
arm! If he is wounded again I am sure that he will try to keep the fact
A Scotch private had been lying with his battalion in a trench when a
a drawing-room has my admiration. They never lose their manner,
at the pier with news that England had declared war on Germany.
After this and other experiences, after being given a compartment all
as he knew what was deadly for the inhabitants whom they brought
An order for some "heavy stuff" at a certain point on the map was
A jumpy, uncertain tidal sea was running. Yet our destroyer slipped
and the worshippers might feast their eyes on it as they said their
and one imagined that he might be with our North Atlantic fleet.
always the Commander-in-Chief's flagship. Our handy, agile
and strange social survivals. The thought of what he must represent