Subject: Re: [eap] Expanded type usage?

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:02:36 -0700

There is a method designed by WiFi Alliance, called "WiFi Protected Setup" 
that uses expanded types.   Information is available here:
http://www.wi-fi.org/wifi-protected-setup

As for "design guidelines" for expanded types they are not really different 
than regular methods.

As expanded type usage gets more prevalent, it might make sense to hold an 
interoperability bakeoff at some point.

>Hi Bernard,
>   I have a question on a different subject:
>do you know any EAP method that uses the expanded types (EAP type code 
>254)? I wonder if there are any guidelines for designing such methods?
>
>   Kind regards,
>
>Behcet

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap

Arhives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/eap

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 17:09:11 +0000 (UTC)

The specification is available if you're willing to pay $99!

Hmm... the WPA Spec is back at the bargin $25.

Dave.

----Original Message----
From: [email-masked]
Date: Oct 9, 2007 13:02 
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subj: Re: [eap] Expanded type usage?

There is a method designed by WiFi Alliance, called "WiFi Protected 
Setup" 
that uses expanded types.   Information is available here:
http://www.wi-fi.org/wifi-protected-setup

As for "design guidelines" for expanded types they are not really 
different 
than regular methods.

As expanded type usage gets more prevalent, it might make sense to 
hold an 
interoperability bakeoff at some point.