Subject: [Ecrit] Service URN Draft Comment

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:59:44 +0200

Hi all,

after re-reading the discussion I think we should do the following:

* Move the S-NAPTR (or possibly the U-NAPTR) description to discover a 
LoST server into the LoST draft.

Reason: It seems to confuse people if it is in the Service URN draft.

* Make changes to the 'Process for identifier resolution'

Potentially leave the resolution protocol in the Service URN draft 
unspecified.

Reason: I could image to put LoST as a resolution protocol and then to 
let the document hang around until the LoST document is finished (since 
there is a normative dependency).

* Change the IANA consideration section (e.g., regarding the policy for 
new top-level service designations).

Reason: Sounds like good feedback from Leslie.

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 17:00:43 -0400

I believe draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-04 does all of these. Please  
let me know if I missed something.

On Aug 17, 2006, at 8:59 AM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

> * Move the S-NAPTR (or possibly the U-NAPTR) description to  
> discover a LoST server into the LoST draft.
>
> Reason: I could image to put LoST as a resolution protocol and then  
> to let the document hang around until the LoST document is finished  
> (since there is a normative dependency).
>
> * Change the IANA consideration section (e.g., regarding the policy  
> for new top-level service designations).
>

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:05:39 +0200

Hi Henning,

I am very happy that you captured all these aspects quickly. -05 also
addresses the WGLC comments.

Ciao
Hannes

PS: This mail showed up quite late on the list since I had to wait for
confirmations before forwarding the off-list discussions to the ECRIT list.

Henning Schulzrinne schrieb:
> I believe draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-04 does all of these. Please let 
> me know if I missed something.
> 
>> let the document hang around until the LoST document is finished 

age-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:05:39 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
To: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] Service URN Draft Comment
Cc: ECRIT <[email-masked]>

Hi Henning,

I am very happy that you captured all these aspects quickly. -05 also
addresses the WGLC comments.

Ciao
Hannes

PS: This mail showed up quite late on the list since I had to wait for
confirmations before forwarding the off-list discussions to the ECRIT list.

Henning Schulzrinne schrieb:
> I believe draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-04 does all of these. Please let 
> me know if I missed something.
> 
>> let the document hang around until the LoST document is finished