Subject: [Ecrit] Status of the ECRIT Requirements Draft

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 17:23:30 +0200

Hi all,

about two weeks ago I submitted my final review comments for the 
requirements drafts (see 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg02357.html).
Thereby I noticed that a terminology bug was introduced.

Henning and Roger worked on the comments and made a number of editiorial 
changes to improve the readability of the document. They did a great job.

They, however, made also changes that require a new review by the 
working group. These draft modifications particularly deal with the 
terminology confusion between emergency dial string, emergency number 
and emergency identification. The text in Section 7 'Emergency Service 
Identifier' had to be changed as a consequence. The discussions we had 
at the '3GPP CT1 - IETF ECRIT Joint Session on Emergency Calls' helped 
Henning and Roger to compile the new and reasonable proposal.

I have reviewed the document and believe that it is now in good shape.

Based on the changes that have been made to the draft it is unavoidable 
to have another WGLC. Please let us know if you plan to review the 
document. Remember: We need expert reviews to finalize the document.

We would like to thank Henning and Roger for the quick reaction and the 
draft update.

You can find the document here:
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-ietf-ecrit-requirements-11.txt

Here is the diff-version:
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/Req-diff-10-11.htm

Ciao
Hannes & Marc

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit