Subject: [Ecrit] ECRTI Working Group Status Update

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 19:32:36 +0200

Hi all,

this is a short working grup status update:

* ECRIT Requirements
--------------------

http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-ietf-ecrit-requirements-11.txt

As mentioned in my other mail a new WGLC had to be started to confirm 
the changes to the draft.

* Service URN
-------------

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-service-urn-03.txt

With the review comments by James the chairs interacted with the ADs and 
   Leslie Daigle to discuss what the necessary steps for the draft are.

We plan to forward the off-list discussions to the ECRIT mailing list.
A detailed plan for the next Service URN draft update does not yet exist.

* ECRIT Security Threats
------------------------

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-security-threats-03.txt

This document is finished.

* LoST
------

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-00.txt

After the IETF#66 meeting we have initiated some discussions regarding 
the open issues. The issue tracker can be found at: 
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/lost/index

I plan to update the issue tracker based on the discussions we had in 
order to determine remaining open issues.

* New WG Charter Items
----------------------

Draft updates for draft-rosen-ecrit-framework-00.txt, 
draft-rosen-sos-phonebcp-01.txt and 
draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-mapping-arch-00.txt need to be made.
The Phone BCP draft was subject of discussion after the IETF meeting.

The chairs solicited feedback from the document authors regarding their 
next steps.

The new drafts will be submitted as ECRIT working group items.

* 3GPP CT1 - IETF ECRIT Joint Session on Emergency Calls
--------------------------------------------------------

During this meeting we have identified a few gaps that require further 
discussion. Please find the meeting minutes at:
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/3GPP-IETF-2006/

I am going to initiate these discussions within the next week.

* SIP Location Conveyance
-------------------------

It seems that the discussions around the SIP location conveyance 
document consumed a lot of ECRIT WG member resources since it is 
relevant for our work.

The discussions are not yet settled. Some conclusions might also help 
the Geopriv-L7 design team to move forward.

* SDO Emergency Services Coordination Workshop
----------------------------------------------

As you have seen, we have sent invitations to other organizations.

* ECRIT Implementation Activities
----------------------------------------------

As indicated in the ECRIT working group meeting I am going to setup a 
webpage with the ongoing and planned implementation activities. I 
haven't received a lot of responses yet although I am aware of more 
activities. Please let us know if you implement protocols relevant for 
our work.

Ciao
Hannes & Marc

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit