Subject: [Ecrit] Imperfect Service Mappings

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:14:07 +0200

Hi all,

I am reviewing the meeting minutes of the 3GPP CT/IETF ECRIT joint 
session on emergency services. The following text captured the 
discussion we had:
"
The group also discussed the issues raised by the imperfect mappings 
among services available in different jurisdictions.  There are 
jurisdictions which provide multiple services at multiple numbers; there 
are jurisdictions which offer multiple services at a single number, and 
there are services which are present in some areas and not others 
(Holland has no mountain rescue, for example).  The group agrees that 
there is no reason to expect any change in government processes here; 
the protocol must deal with this reality rather than attempt to change 
it.  In general, local jurisdictions will need to decide how to map 
services they do not support onto the services they do, and they will 
need to decide which ones they will simply reject as unsupported.
"

In fact, we discussed this aspect also during the requirements work and 
also in context of LoST.

We still don't have text describing this aspect. It would be good to 
phrase something that could go either into the architecture document, in 
the PhoneBCP draft or into both documents. Volunteers?

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:50:30 -0400

I'll propose some text.  I'll be taking up the revision of both of these
documents in the next week or so.  Shall I put proposed text for this
specific item on the list, or just put it in the document?

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2006 5:14 AM
> To: ECRIT
> Subject: [Ecrit] Imperfect Service Mappings
> 
> Hi all,
>