Subject: [Ecrit] [issue5] Hint about the Service Boundary

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 20:38:20 +0000

Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]> added the comment:

Returning a PSAP boundary introduces a certain overhead particularly over a 
wireless interface. 

There are two options to reduce the size of a response message:

1. The information is only included upon specific request, but it is
always included "by-value".

2. The information is included "by-reference".

Regarding (2) there are two options: 

(a) The "key" is an opaque string, which requires specific protocol
support to retrieve.

(b) The "key" is a URI.  Retrieval depends on the type of URI.

Henning argues that 
"
if we have a recursive resolution chain, the region information will be 
inserted by the authoritative server, not the one that the client is  querying. 
Thus, some form of URL (LoST or plain HTTP, most likely)  may well be necessary 
since you probably don't want to go through the  whole chain again to get the 
region.
"

To some extend the answer depends on the architecture developed with
http://www.ietf-ecrit.org/cache/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-mapping-arch-00.txt

----------
title: PSAP Boundary Hint -> Hint about the Service Boundary

__________________________________________________
LoST Issue Tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/lost/issue5>
__________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit