Subject: [Ecrit] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ecrit-dhc-lost-discovery-00.txt]

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:43:40 +0100

Hi all,

we have submitted the LoST DHCP-based discovery draft.
The plan is to complete it together with the LoST document.

Ciao
Hannes

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ecrit-dhc-lost-discovery-00.txt
Date: 	Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:50:01 -0500
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) based Location-to-Service Translation Protocol (LoST) Discovery Procedure
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ecrit-dhc-lost-discovery-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2006-12-11
	
   The Location-to-Service Translation Protocol (LoST) describes an XML-
   based protocol for mapping service identifiers and geospatial or
   civic location information to service contact Uniform Resource
   Locators (URLs).  LoST servers can be located anywhere but a

   placement closer to the end host, e.g., in the access network, is
   desireable.  Such a LoST server placement provides benefits in
   disaster situations with intermittent network connectivity regarding
   the resiliency of emergency service communication.

   This document describes how a LoST client can discover a LoST server
   using the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-dhc-lost-discovery-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ecrit-dhc-lost-discovery-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-dhc-lost-discovery-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit