Subject: [Ecrit] WG: DISCUSS and COMMENT: draft-ietf-ecrit-lost

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:00:10 +0100

FYI

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ext Russ Housley [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 01:36
An: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Betreff: DISCUSS and COMMENT: draft-ietf-ecrit-lost 

Discuss:

  Based on the Gen-ART Review by Ben Campbell.

  In Section 12, first paragraph, it says: "To achieve interoperability,
  this document defines two mandatory-to-implement baseline location
  profiles to define the manner in which location information is
  transmitted.  It is possible to standardize other profiles in the
  future.  The three baseline profiles are:"  Are there really three
  baseline profiles and two of them are mandatory-to-implement?

Comment:

  As pointed out by Ben Campbell in his Gen-ART Review, these things
  should probably be reworded as normative statements:
  
   - Section 5.2, last paragraph: "... it is the responsibility of the
     client to check the 'expires' attribute... "

   - Section 6, paragraph 3: "If a query is answered iteratively, the
     querier includes all servers that it has already contacted."

   - Section 8.3.1: "The order of location elements is significant; the
     server uses the first location element where it understands the
     location profile."

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit