Subject: [Ecrit] WG: DISCUSS and COMMENT: draft-ietf-ecrit-lost

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:00:31 +0100

FYI 

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ext Ted Hardie [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 02:43
An: Russ Housley; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: DISCUSS and COMMENT: draft-ietf-ecrit-lost

At 3:35 PM -0800 2/19/08, Russ Housley wrote:
>Discuss:
>
>  Based on the Gen-ART Review by Ben Campbell.
>
>  In Section 12, first paragraph, it says: "To achieve interoperability,
>  this document defines two mandatory-to-implement baseline location
>  profiles to define the manner in which location information is
>  transmitted.  It is possible to standardize other profiles in the
>  future.  The three baseline profiles are:"  Are there really three
>  baseline profiles and two of them are mandatory-to-implement?

Are you sure you're reviewing the right version?  The current text for
the first paragraph is:

   LoST uses location information in <location> elements in requests and
   <serviceBoundary> elements in responses.  Such location information
   may be expressed in a variety of ways.  This variety can cause
   interoperability problems where a request or response contains
   location information in a format not understood by the server or the
   client, respectively.  To achieve interoperability, this document
   defines two mandatory-to-implement baseline location profiles to
   define the manner in which location information is transmitted.  It
   is possible to standardize other profiles in the future.  The
   baseline profiles are:

A -07 was issued in response to Last Call comments, and this is among the changes.
			regards,
				Ted Hardie
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit