Subject: [Ecrit] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-ecrit-rough-loc-00]

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:47:40 -0500

We have posted a draft that explains how imprecise location can be used 
for emergency context resolution within the ECRIT framework. 
Specifically, we describe how a location provider can determine when a 
position is sufficiently precise for emergency call routing, and how 
emergency and non-emergency services are delivered in this context.

While this document may enable a solution to the location-hiding 
problem, it can also be useful when a location provider is using 
positioning mechanisms that are capable of returning location at various 
granularities, with finer-grained location taking more time or resources 
to compute.

--Richard

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-ecrit-rough-loc-00
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:35:55 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-barnes-ecrit-rough-loc-00.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Richard Barnes and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-barnes-ecrit-rough-loc
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Using Imprecise Location for Emergency Context Resolution
Creation_date:	 2008-02-18
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 12

Abstract:
Emergency calling works best when precise location is available for
emergency call routing.  However, there are situations in which a
location provider is unable or unwilling to provide precise location,
yet still wishes to enable subscribers to make emergency calls.  This
document describes the level of location accuracy that providers must
provide to enable emergency call routing.  In addition, we descibe
how emergency services and non-emergency services can be invoked by
an endpoint that does not have access to its precise location.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit