Subject: [Ecrit] RFC 5582 on Location-to-URL Mapping Architecture and Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 15:41:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5582

        Title:      Location-to-URL Mapping Architecture and Framework 
        Author:     H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 42078
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5582.txt

This document describes an architecture for a global, scalable,
resilient, and administratively distributed system for mapping
geographic location information to URLs, using the Location-to-Service
Translation (LoST) protocol.  The architecture generalizes well-known
approaches found in hierarchical lookup systems such as DNS.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute