Subject: [Ecrit] draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-psap-callback-01

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 03:33:00 +0200

Hi all, 

please take a look at the updated PSAP callback marking document. With
this version Milan helped us to incorporate more text about the solution
approaches. 

When Marc and I had a discussion with Cullen and Robert about the
milestone updates Cullen indicated that he would like to see an
agreement from the group on the solution approach before the document
can be added to the milestone list.

Furthermore, in the recent 3GPP-IETF conference call we learned that
there is interest from the 3GPP in a solution about PSAP callback
marking. Milan and Keith are keeping an eye on the requirements from the
3GPP side.  

Milan has also written another document that could be interesting to
consider in this specific context, namely
draft-patel-dispatch-cpc-oli-parameter. It provides a solution for an
environment that relies on a chain of trust. 

That's certainly a starting point. But when considering an Internet
context then this security model might not be appropriate and we may
need an additional solutions. This is similar to the PAI vs. SIP
Identity story. 

It would be great to hear your thoughts about this issue and have a look
at the updated document:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-psap-callback-01

Ciao
Hannes