Subject: [Ecrit] AI for Unauthenticated Emergency Services

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:44:02 +0900

There are two aspects that need to get worked out: 

* SIP signaling interaction when there is no VSP involved. 

This is the space where we should accomplish an alignment with ECRIT Direct.

* Network Access Authentication Procedure

During this IETF meeting we had a discussion about this aspect in ECRIT and
in EMU. A discussion about the topic is in the document itself with the
recent update and I believe it would be good to produce a
recommendation/solution (most likely in interaction with the EMU group). 

I furthermore suggest to separate the two issues and to work on them
independently as the do not overlap. One document would deal with the
terminology and the description of the network access authentication and
authorization procedures. Then, a separate document would deal with SIP
signaling in the lack of a VSP (as this may have wider applicability). 

Feedback?

---

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 21:51:40 -0800

The two issues are orthogonal, so handling them separately is fine.  

The question in my mind is whether a document dealing with emergency NAI
usage belongs in ECRIT or somewhere else. 

Keep in mind that emergency NAIs are not necessarily just reserved for use
in EAP;  they also could occur in non-EAP scenarios too.  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Hannes Tschofenig
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ecrit] AI for Unauthenticated Emergency Services

Feedback? 

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit