Subject: [Ecrit] Errata report for errata 1261 and 1262 to RFC 5031, "A URN for Emergency and Other Well-Known Services"

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 01:34:13 -0500

======================================================================
RFC5031, "A Uniform Resource Name (URN) for Emergency and Other
Well-Known Services"
Source of RFC: ecrit (rai)

Errata ID: 1261

Status: Reported
Type: Editorial

Reported By: Alfred Hoenes
Date Reported: 2008-01-13

Section 7.2 (p.11) says:

   [LOST]     Hardie, T., "LoST: A Location-to-Service Translation
|             Protocol", Work in Progress, March 2007.

It should say:

   [LOST]     Hardie, T., "LoST: A Location-to-Service Translation
|             Protocol", Work in Progress, August 2007.

Notes:

Outdated reference.

The publication of RFC 5012 and this RFC (5031) apparently has been
coordinated. Hence, both RFCs should refer to the same version of
this particular work in progress.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status:  (correct) Hold for document update

The erratum is probably correct, but seems to result in no loss of
information.
======================================================================
RFC5031, "A Uniform Resource Name (URN) for Emergency and Other
Well-Known Services"
Source of RFC: ecrit (rai)

Errata ID: 1262

Status: Reported
Type: Editorial

Reported By: Alfred Hoenes
Date Reported: 2008-01-13

Section App.A (p.13) says:

   tel:sos  This solution avoids name conflicts, but requires extending
|     the "tel" URI "tel" [RFC3966].  It also only works if every
      outbound proxy knows how to route requests to a proxy that can
      reach emergency services since tel URIs do not identify the
      destination server.

It should say:

   tel:sos  This solution avoids name conflicts, but requires extending
|     the "tel" URI [RFC3966].  It also only works if every outbound
      proxy knows how to route requests to a proxy that can reach
      emergency services since tel URIs do not identify the destination
      server.

Notes:

Spurious word replication of "tel" .

For conformance with the display enhancement style used throughout the
document, it might also have been preferable to use single quotes:
'tel' .
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status:  (correct) Hold for document update
======================================================================

Dale

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:35:23 +0200

These two corrections are fine for me.

On 11/9/10 8:34 AM, "ext Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ecrit mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit