Subject: [Ecrit] [ecrit] trustworthy-location #2 (new): Trustworthy Location, Identity and Accountability

From: "ecrit issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 20:46:59 -0000

#2: Trustworthy Location, Identity and Accountability

 In a number of places, it is asserted that "trustworthy location
 information is more important than identity".

 For example, Section 1 states:

 "   Much of the focus in trustable networks has been on ensuring the
    reliability of personal identity information or verifying privileges.
    However, in some cases, access to trustworthy location information is
    more important than identity since some services are meant to be
    widely available, regardless of the identity of the requestor."

 More explanation is needed, because experience has shown that lack of
 accountability can lead to an increase in prank calls.

 It is suggested that the following text be added to Section 1:

    In situations where it is possible to place emergency calls without
    accountability, experience has shown that the frequency of nuisance
    calls can rise dramatically.  For example, where emergency calls have
    been allowed from handsets lacking a SIM card, or where ownership of
    the SIM card cannot be determined,  the frequency of nuisance calls
    has often been unacceptably high [TASMANIA][UK][SA].

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Bernard_Aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  blocker                    |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  trustworthy-location       |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/trac/ticket/2>
ecrit <http://tools.ietf.org/ecrit/>