Subject: [Ecrit] [ecrit] trustworthy-location #1 (new): Threat Analysis: Missing Context

From: "ecrit issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 20:38:49 -0000

#1: Threat Analysis: Missing Context

 Section 4 describes threats, but does not reference previous threat model
 documents created within the ECRIT and GEOPRIV WGs.  The reader is
 therefore left without an explanation of how the threat analysis in this
 document differs from previous ones, or what the focus is.

 To provide context, addition of the following text is suggested:

 "   IP-based emergency services face many security threats.  "Security
    Threats and Requirements for Emergency Call Marking and Mapping"
    [RFC5069] describes attacks on the emergency services system, such as
    attempting to deny system services to all users in a given area, to
    gain fraudulent use of services and to divert emergency calls to non-
    emergency sites.  [RFC5069] also describes attacks against
    individuals, including attempts to prevent an individual from
    receiving aid, or to gain information about an emergency.

    "Threat Analysis of the Geopriv Protocol" [RFC3694] describes threats
    against geographic location privacy, including protocol threats,
    threats resulting from the storage of geographic location data, and
    threats posed by the abuse of information.

    This document focuses on threats deriving from the introduction of
    untrustworthy location information by end hosts, regardless of
    whether this occurs intentionally or unintentionally."

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Bernard_Aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  trustworthy-location       |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/trac/ticket/1>
ecrit <http://tools.ietf.org/ecrit/>