Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 12:27:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Non-Interactive Emergency Calls
        Authors         : Brian Rosen
                          Henning Schulzrinne
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Randall Gellens
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-22.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   Use of the Internet for emergency calling is described in RFC 6443,
   'Framework for Emergency Calling Using Internet Multimedia'.  In some
   cases of emergency calls, the transmission of application data is all
   that is needed and no interactive media channel is established: a
   situation referred to as 'non-interactive emergency calls', where,
   unlike most emergency calls, there is no two way interactive media
   such as voice or video or text.  This document describes use of a SIP
   MESSAGE transaction that includes a container for the data based on
   the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP).  That type of emergency request
   does not establish a session, distinguishing it from SIP INVITE,
   which does.  Any device that needs to initiate a request for
   emergency services without an interactive media channel would use the
   mechanisms in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-22
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-22

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-22

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/