Subject: [Ecrit] Martin Vigoureux's No Objection on draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-21: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Vigoureux via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 03:49:36 -0800

Martin Vigoureux has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-21: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

A very minor question:
I have noticed 4 occurrences of "SIP message" (lower case). Just checking if
this is intentional since there are occurrences in upper case.

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 12:42:05 +0000

Hi Martin,

I am not an author of this draft, but I can answer your question :)    

"SIP message" is a generic term for SIP requests and responses.

"SIP MESSAGE" refers to a SIP request/request/transaction where the SIP method value is "MESSAGE" (similar to "INVITE", "CANCEL", "BYE", etc etc).

Regards,

Christer