Subject: Instructions for unsubscribing

From: "Eric Tiffany" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:19:48 -0400

For all you list-impaired people out there, here are the instructions
for unsubscribing.

Subject: Welcome to ietf-ediint
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 14:39:13 -0800 (PST)

--

Welcome to the ietf-ediint mailing list!

If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
send the following command in email to
"[email-masked]":

    unsubscribe

Or you can send mail to "[email-masked]" with the following command
in the body of your email message:

    unsubscribe ietf-ediint Eric Tiffany <[email-masked]>

Here's the general information for the list you've
subscribed to, in case you don't already have it:

This mailing list is pursuing addition standards for doing EDI over the
Internet, beyond the basic EDI/MIME (RFC 1767) specification.

>From the draft charter for this nascent working group:

Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is a set of protocols for conducting
highly structured inter-organization exchanges, such as for making
purchases or initiating loan requests.  The initial RFC1767 defined the
method for packaging the EDI X12 and UN/EDIFACT transactions sets in a MIME
envelope.  However, several additional requirements for obtaining
multi-vendor, inter-operable service, over and above how the EDI
transactions are packaged, have come to light since the effort concluded.
These currently revolve around security issues such as EDI transaction
integrity, privacy and non-repudiation in various forms.  Standards in
these and other areas are necessary to ensure inter-operability between EDI
packages over Internet.  Various technologies already exist for these
additional features and the primary requirement is to review and select a
common set of components for use by the EDI community when it sends EDI
over the Internet.  In effect, the effort is to provide an EDI over the
Internet Requirements Document.

Efforts by the working group will focus on a single deliverable:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Define the use of security and associated processes for exchanging EDI
transactions in MIME in a manner which supports core, functional, transport
services requirements.

To see what has gone on before you subscribed, please see the mailing
list archive at
  http://www.imc.org/ietf-ediint/

To unsubscribe from the ietf-ediint mailing list, send a message to:
  [email-masked]
with the message:
  unsubscribe

If you need to contact a human about this mailing list, please
send a message to:
  [email-masked]