Subject: FYI:EDIINT Noncompliance in MS Exchange

From: "Rik Drummond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 04:21:59 -0500

Thanks Tom! I (we) appreciate it. best regards, Rik

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Grate (Exchange) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 1998 1:26 PM
To: Rik Drummond (E-mail)
Cc: Nagender Vedula (Exchange); Thomas Grate (Exchange)
Subject: EDIINT Noncompliance in MS Exchange

Rik,

I just want to close the loop with you on the problems that you identified
in Microsoft Exchange with respect to EDIINT.  Below is the official posting
from the Exchange team.

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.  If you find other
similar issues in the future, please feel free to send them to me.

Regards,

-Tom

-----Original Message-----
From:	Jim Reitz (Exchange)
Sent:	Wednesday, October 07, 1998 2:43 PM
To:	Thomas Grate (Exchange)
Cc:	Bryan Nylin (Exchange); Robert Carney (Exchange); Mike Daly
(Exchange); Marc Whitman (Exchange); Suresh Velagapudi (Exchange)
Subject:	RE: EDIINT Noncompliance in MS Exchange

If you haven't already posted something, here's some text you can use:

Hotfix for Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 SP1
=================================
Microsoft has posted a "rollup" hotfix that fixes several bugs in the
Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 1 release. This includes an important one
for the EDIINT community -- MDN headers being lost on some opaque-signed
messages. In cases where an IMAP4 client retrieves an opaque-signed message,
the Exchange Information Store will incorrectly attempt to re-generate the
RFC822 headers from the existing MAPI properties of the message. This can
result in the loss of some headers, notably Message-Disposition-Notification
headers. The correct behavior is to always use the original RFC822 headers
from the message.

The hotfix can be obtained from the following location:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/exchange/exchange-public/fixes/Eng/Exchg5.5/P
ostSP1/Store-fix/
<ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/exchange/exchange-public/fixes/Eng/Exchg5.5/
PostSP1/Store-fix/> .

This directory contains versions for both Intel and Alpha servers. Be sure
to carefuly follow the instructions in the README.TXT file. Your server must
already be upgraded to 5.5 Service Pack 1 before you can install this
hotfix. 5.5 SP1 can be downloaded from the following location:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/exchange/exchange-public/fixes/Eng/Exchg5.5/S
p1/
<ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/exchange/exchange-public/fixes/Eng/Exchg5.5/
Sp1/>