Subject: New draft-ietf-ediint-as2-02.txt

From: "Rik Drummond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:26:34 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Moberg [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 1998 9:33 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: draft-ietf-ediint-as2-02.txt

Hi Rik and Chuck,

Here is the EDI over HTTP secure transport  draft, updated in the following
ways:

1. Explicit mention that the RFC 822 headers go over into HTTP entity
headers ( mostly
a subtype of entity header, the extension header)

2. Mentioned that compression using content coding may be used and
indicated standard
way to do that in HTTP

3. Added Appendix with an example of the HTTP form of the exchange of EDI
data.

4. Updated references to those materials that are now RFCs. This draft
still mentions
TLS, EDIINT req, and EDIINT as1 which are all still drafts.

5. Added or removed some statements about error codes that might cause
problems
if "On the use of HTTP as a Substrate for other Protocols" gets adopted.

6. Removed some spelling errors. Did not try to remove redundancy or do
much
stylistic work. The redundancy may help to make important changes stick
out.
Incorporated some areas of improvement that Chuck Fenton sent to me.

I am still keeping to the minimalistic change, maximal reuse theme that has
been set for this.

Bye
Dale Moberg

(See attached file: draft-ietf-ediint-as2-02.txt)