Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ediint-as2-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:32:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Electronic Data Interchange-Internet Integration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MIME-based Secure Peer-to-Peer Business Data 
			  Interchange over the Internet Using HTTP
	Author(s)	: D. Moberg, R. Drummond
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ediint-as2-17.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2004-10-6
	
This document describes how to exchange structured business data 
   securely using HTTP transfer for XML, Binary, Electronic Data 
   Interchange, (EDI - either the American Standards Committee X12 or 
   UN/EDIFACT,  Electronic Data Interchange for Administration, Commerce 
   and Transport) or other data describable in MIME used for business to 
   business data interchange. The data is packaged using standard MIME 
   content-types. Authentication and privacy are obtained by using 
   Cryptographic Message Syntax (S/MIME) security body parts. 
   Authenticated acknowledgements make use of multipart/signed replies 
   to the original HTTP message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ediint-as2-17.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ediint-as2-17.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ediint-as2-17.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.