Subject: RE: AS2 Port Issues

From: Jörg Eichhorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 17:35:57 +0200

We experienced less problems using the ports 80/8080 for http communication 
and 443/8443 for https communication. A lot of company firewalls allow 
their servers to connect to these ports (at least port 80).

--On Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2005 15:01 -0500 Kyle Meadors 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> I have heard of similar concerns. Based on feedback I have received, it
> appears the typical ports used are either 80, 4080, 5080 or 8080, with
> 4080 being the most common. But various port values get used.
>
> Should we attempt to get port 4080 or another port assigned as a IANA
> registered port?
>
I don't think it makes sense to assign a specific port for AS2 
communication since the basic communication protocol is http(s) and the 
ports 80/443 are already used for this kind of communication.

I think it's the fault of the AS2 implmentation providers that they are 
using uncommon ports for http(s) connections.

Regards,
Jörg Eichhorn