Subject: [edu-team] Offer of help with inter-technology interpretation

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:10:07 -0800

An offer of help......

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 29. oktober 2003 15:29 -0500
From: "Howard C. Berkowitz" <[email-masked]>
To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Review of proposal: Education team

First, let me say this is an excellent idea.

Second, do consider (and I'm quite willing to help here) that there are
communications problems not just between North Americans and non-North
Americans. Next summer, I will be an invited speaker for the Usability
Professionals Association on communicating between different professional
cultures.

One specific area is making sure that traditional telephony and more IP
oriented people don't talk past one another. This is obviously important as
we move to VoIP.  I do have some presentations I did for train-the-trainer
programs for data people talking to telcos, as well as some subsequent work
on reinforcing the knowledge of data engineers in a way that makes them
realize that they actually understand some telephony concepts, but they
don't know the telephony-speak for them. I'd be glad to contribute the
material and/or update it.

In addition, I've done some of this cross-cultural education in other
industries that might be less key than the telcos, but still relevant.
These include advanced telemedicine networks and military requirements.

Let me know how I can help.
-- 

Howard C. Berkowitz
Chief Technology Officer
Gett Communications
5012 25th Street South
Arlington VA 22206

(703)998-5819 voice
(703)998-5058  fax (alas, sometimes poorly operated by "helpful" cat)

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team