Subject: [edu-team] DRAFT Schedule for Minneapolis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:02:31 -0400

Hi All,

I've attached a draft of our training schedule for Minneapolis.

Presenters, please check the times and dates and make sure that 
they match your expectations.  I have also written short descriptions 
of each of the training sessions.  Please send better text!

If this looks mostly okay, I'd like to circulate it to the edu-discuss
group for review before we finalize it.

Marcia, what room will we be using for the Newcomers and Security
session?  

Also, do you think it would be possible to get all of the Sunday 
sessions listed on the IETF agenda with short descriptions?  
We should have final text some time next week -- would it work to 
just send it to Dinara, or should we check with someone else first?

Thanks,
Margaret

---

From: Marcia Beaulieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:55:12 -0400

>Marcia, what room will we be using for the Newcomers and Security

Salon B, it will hold approximately 250 people theater style.  If you think
more space is needed, please let me know.

>sessions listed on the IETF agenda with short descriptions?

We can list them on the web version and either have the description right
there or make a link to the description like we do with the working groups.
We can list them on the printed version, but to add the description might
take too much space, we can take a look at that once the information has
been finalized.

>just send it to Dinara, or should we check with someone else first?

please send all scheduling information to [email-masked]

Thanks,

Marcia

>Thanks,
>Margaret
>
>
>
>
>Sunday, November 10, 2003 ========================= 1330-1430  Newcomer's 
>Training -- Location??  (Scott Bradner)          An introduction to the 
>IETF for new or recent IETF      attendees.  Covers the IETF document 
>processes, the     structure of the IETF, and tips for new attendees 
>to            be successful in the IETF environment. 1330-1500  Editor's 
>Training -- Conrad C  (Avri Doria)           Training for current or 
>aspiring IETF document          editors.  Covers the roles and 
>responsibilities         of a document editor, and includes advice 
>on            producing a high-quality IETF specification. 
>1330-1500  Intro WG Chairs Training -- Conrad B  (Margaret 
>Wasserman)      Introductory training for new or aspiring 
>WG            chairs.  Covers the role and responsibilities of        a WG 
>chair, and includes advice on how to run a         WG that is fair, open 
>and productive.  Taught           by Margaret Wasserman. 
>1500-1700  Security Tutorial -- Location??  (Radia Perlman)      All IETF 
>attendees need to be aware of the security     implications of our design 
>choices.  This session       offers a basic primer in protocol security, 
>as well     as advice on how to write the Security 
>Considerations           sections required for all IETF 
>documents.  Taught       by Radia Perlman. Wednesday, November 12, 
>2003  (Private, NOT on agenda) ============================ 1130-1300  WG 
>Chairs Training -- Conrad B         Topics for IETF 58:            - 
>Making WGs accessible to non-native                     English 
>speakers.  (15 min, James Seng)               - PANEL: Issue tracking 
>tools and                 their use in WGs.  (40 min, moderated 
>by                Margaret Wasserman)            Includes lunch for 
>attendees.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:25:54 -0400

Hi Marcia,

Thanks for the quick response.

> Salon B, it will hold approximately 250 people theater style. 
> If you think more space is needed, please let me know.

I think that this should be fine.

> please send all scheduling information to [email-masked]

Will do.

Thanks,
Margaret