Subject: RE: [edu-team] My notes on Editor Training

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:34:35 -0500

> > - We had a request to put these slides in the proceedings.
> 
> and where else will be be posting them?

We should put all of our slides on edu.ietf.org.

James, could you send instructions on how to do that?

Thanks,
Margaret

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: James Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:48:02 +0800

1. Goto http://edu.ietf.org/mt/mt.cgi

2. Login: ietf-edu   Password: ietf8edu
    (Will create individual acct/pass once we know who needs it)

3. Select "IETF Education"

4. Click on "Edit Entries"

5. Look for your own entry (category Download) and click on it. e.g. I 
will click on ESL Consideration.

6. Click on "Upload file" (on the left menu). A window will popup

7. Select your file to upload and click upload.

8. After the file is uploaded, select "Show me the Html"

9. select and copy html code from the popup window and paste it in your 
own entry (see Step 5). You may want to update and or change the 
information in the entry.

10. When you are done editing, click on "Save" (the center button 
between Preview and Delete Entry)

11. After it is save, it asked you to rebuild. Click on the rebuild 
button, select rebuild all.

12. Goto http://edu.ietf.org/ and see you are happy with the changes.

(Optional steps - to announce your new slides download on the main page)

1. Click on New Entry.

2. Entry your title and select the category as "News" and put your 
announcement. You may also want to put an hyperlink to your download. 
(To find the URL of your page, goto http://edu.ietf.org/, look at the 
left side menu under download, click on your own entry and note the URL. 
e.g. ESL is http://edu.ietf.org/archives/000109.html.)

3. Select "Post Status" as "Publish" and then "save"
(No need to rebuild. New entries will rebuild automatically)

4. Goto http://edu.ietf.org/ and you will see an new announcement on the 
frontpage

-James Seng