Subject: [edu-team] gathering materials for web page crib sheet

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:53:16 -0500

I think we could use all the help we could get for gathering
pointers to relevant documents, together with descriptions
of the documents
"this document explains how to write mibs" "this document
describes the various stages a document needs to go through"
"this document describes the formatting rules, together with
pointers to downloadable MS Word and Runoff sources that will
help prepare your document".

That's the sort of stuff that ought to go in a link to "document
authors". Then there's stuff for WG chairs. How much is written
down in documents that can be pointed to? How much of it is only
in the oral presentation? Should our group be writing documents
to include all the information at the training sesisons (if such
documents don't already exist)? Or should we be trying to find
volunteers for writing this sort of thing?

(I was looking at some old email and stumbled across the
"Ed proposal" offering to help teach WG chairs, which made
me think of sending this--he might be a good person to help
collating what already exists).

Radia

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:47:21 -0800

Radia,

this seems like a worthwhile thing to have on the EDU site. Are you 
starting to edit the list, or are you saying that we should seek a 
volunteer for it?

In case you're starting a collection.... I'm sure you know about these 
already:

<http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt>
<http://www.ietf.org/ID-nits.html> (with references)

I also sent out a list of other "rules and guidelines" such as the IANA 
consdierations document to this list on Sept 5 (thread entitled "outline of 
editor training").

Here it is again...

RFC2026 - The Internet Standards Process
RFC 2360 - Guide for Internet Standards Writers
RFC2418 - IETF Working Group Guidelines and Procedures
RFC2434 - Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs
RFC 2438 - Advancement of MIB specifications on the IETF Standards Track
RFC 2727 - IAB and IESG Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: 
Operation of the Nominating and Recall Committees
RFC 2850 - Charter of the Internet Architecture Board (IAB)
RFC 2914 - Congestion Control Principles
RFC 3005 - IETF Discussion List Charter
RFC 3184 - IETF Guidelines for Conduct
RFC 3233 - Defining the IETF
RFC 3365 - Strong Security Requirements for Internet Engineering Task Force 
Standards Protocol

Might be something useful there... and I need to add the sec-cons doc....

                   Harald

---

From: James Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 10:49:36 +0800

Hi Radia,

The IETF EDU website is currently on http://edu.ietf.org/ with MT as the 
CMS (I know..it is only an MT but it works). I can give you access to 
the MT so you can update the website.

-James Seng

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:50:32 +0900

Hi,

I am thinking that I should create a html version of the editor's 
course that includes urls of all the documents discussed.  does this 
sound like a reasonable approach?

I will do that while editing in the changes i need to make before 
giving the course again in Seoul.

On another topic, I think there should be a pointer to the Edu page 
somewhere on the official IETf site.

a.