Subject: [edu-team] Minutes from December EDU Team Telechat -- 15-Dec-03

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:56:05 -0500

EDU Team Telechat Minutes -- 12-Dec-03
======================================

Attendees: Avri Doria, James Seng, Radia Perlman, Margaret Wasserman

>   - Agenda Bashing

No additional topics.

>   - Feedback from Minneapolis
>       What when well?  
>       What didn't?  
>       Getting latest materials on web

Good feedback on the new editors training.  Attended by WG chairs who
were previewing it to decide whether or not to send editors.  Several
people approached Avri afterwards and said that they thought it was
useful.  Margaret also heard good feedback.  Attendance was larger
than the number of chairs in the room.

Intro WG chairs had about the same attendance as when it was taught
during lunch.  Few non-WG chairs.  Topical training was good and well-
attended.

No feedback on Newcomers.

>   - Plans for Korea
>       How should we adjust our current materials?
>       Korean language Newcomers Training
>       Any other new sessions?
>       Review current hotel arrangements

Continue current sessions and add Korean Language newcomers.

Hotel arrangement look good.

Ideas for WG chairs training lunch:  ?? Changes to WG chairs role?

>   - Looking Forward
>       New things for San Diego?

Training for WG chairs in new processes and tools.  Have chairs fly in
early for training on Sunday?  Hold more than one lunch with smaller
groups?  Margaret will check with PROTO Team and IESG on what level of
training may be needed.

In this timeframe:  Set-up web pages to cover the material in the
classes that we're teaching, for people who can't/won't attend
classes?  May even be useful for people who have attended classes?

Avri, Radia and Margaret agreed to put some web resources together
that will complement the classes that we are teaching.  If people
provide information to James, he will get it up on the web site.
We will try to get new web materials done by the end of June, so
that they can be announced before San Diego.

Hold an EDU meeting in San Diego to discuss plans for following 
year.

> I'd also like to talk about the situation with edu-team leadership,
> and see if the edu-team members have any suggestions for how to 
> proceed.

Encouraged people to send recommendations for leaders to Harald.
Should we add anyone else to the edu-team?  No specific suggestions.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team