Subject: [edu-team] Suggestion for beginners presentation

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:12:50 -0800

How about a suggestion to not use 10 point type on slides? Many of the 
slides at this IETF were in type too small to see from the back of the room.

        jak 

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:09:55 -0500

> slides at this IETF were in type too small to see from the back of the room.

Certainly, a good chunk of the community would benefit from a course
entitled "Presentations for Dummies". :-(

I have my doubts that this is something we should tackle, since it's
not really IETF specific.

Hmm, perhaps we could find a document/presentation "howtwo" outside of
the IETF context that already does this?

Thomas

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:18:43 +0100

> slides at this IETF were in type too small to see from the back of the 

Since we have this theory that only people who read the draft count,
maybe the answer is to go back to reserving seats at the front
for them.

Seriously - you're right, although I thought everybody in professional
employment knew this by now.

Why not have a chart saying in 10pt "don't use 10pt" followed by
one saying it again in 40pt?

    Brian