Subject: [edu-team] xml2rfc tutorial

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:38:09 -0500

hi,

to my great relief, Bill Fenner has agreed to do the tutorial.

a.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:07:23 -0600

That's great! I wish I wasn't scheduled opposite, so I could attend...

Spencer

---

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:47:04 -0800

There are various templates for things (including xml) that people 
informally share. Can
we keep a link to an up-to-date (i.e., latest boilerplate) canonical 
source and output internet
draft, in perhaps various formats (nroff, Word, xml), that have table of 
contents,
bulleted lists, numbered lists, section headings at various levels, and 
instructions for exactly
how to access the tools to turn source into output, from the edu web page?

Radia

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:09:21 -0500

Hi,

This seems like a good idea, and i am certainly willing to work on  
the web site to make sure that this is available.  But I am not  
willing to take single handed responsibility for knowing that i have  
the latest template for whatever.

If, however, the people teaching a class (or others) were willing to  
keep me informed of the things that need to be updated and sent me  
either the templates or the urls where the templates are to be found,  
then i could probably do the mechanical tasks.  What concerns me is  
having a resource that gets out of date.

thanks for the idea

a.

On 17 mar 2006, at 12.47, Radia Perlman wrote:

> we keep a link to an up-to-date (i.e., latest boilerplate)  
> canonical source and output internet
> draft, in perhaps various formats (nroff, Word, xml), that have  
> table of contents,
> bulleted lists, numbered lists, section headings at various levels,  
> and instructions for exactly