Subject: [edu-team] Draft of charter

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:59:13 -0500

Hi,

There were only a few responses yesterday and they seemed to prefer  
some version of option a.  So I retained option a.

- Technical oriented topics intended to help participants do their
    jobs in the IETF more effectively.  The classes in this category
    are varied and change frequently over time.  Topics are chosen
    where there is reason to believe that relevant technical knowledge
    that is important to the IETF community as a whole can be
    effectively shared by specialists in the topic.

The assumption I am making is that cross-area participation and  
awareness are implicit in doing ones job more effectively and among  
the reasons for the belief in the relevance of technical knowledge.  
but since they seem to be somewhat controversial as themes, it is  
better to make explicit.

On the issue of mentioning Routing or not mentioning routing, I  
decided to keep the mention of the routing class that is currently  
being offered, but not make the change recommended in:
>    Technical-oriented topics, SUCH AS ROUTING, intended to help
>

thanks for all the comments.  i expect that after the IAOC and IESG  
have discussed it we may get another chance to review and comment.

a.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team