Subject: [edu-team] Reminder: WG Chair Training Lunch

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:55:34 -0400

Hi All,

Just a reminder that we'll be having a WG Chairs Training Lunch on  
Wednesday, July 12th in Montreal.  An edited version of the original  
invitation (with more details) is included below.

RSVPs are due TODAY!  So, if you are planning to attend, please send  
an RSVP to [email-masked].

I'm still for one more WG chair (or former WG chair) would will  
volunteer to share some real-world experiences in WG decision  
making.  How about things you've tried that didn't work?  I'd be  
particularly interested in hearing from someone who has run a  
successful requirements definition process that helped the WG to  
choose between competing proposals.  See below for details.

Hope to see you all in Montreal!

Margaret

---

Hi All,

As usual, we will be having a WG Chairs Training Lunch in Montreal  
during the Wednesday lunch slot.  All current WG chairs, BOF chairs  
and IESG members are encouraged to attend. A complementary lunch will  
be provided.  Please RSVP to [email-masked] no by Friday, July 7th  
if you would like to attend.

The topic for this session will be WG Decision Making.  We will be  
sharing our ideas and experiences about leading WGs through difficult  
decisions.  There may also be an opportunity to get some advice on  
specific, ongoing situations.  Hopefully this session will give us  
more opportunity for WG/BOF chair participation and interaction than  
the last couple of sessions.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006
1130-1300, Location TBD
=====================

Presentation:  Tools for WG Decision Making (Margaret Wasserman)

Round Table:   How to Lead a WG Through Tough Decisions
Panelists:  TBD (David Black, Bob Hinden, TBD)

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!  Based on a suggestion from a member of this list,  
I'm making an open call for volunteers who might like to help lead  
the round-table discussion.  Please send me a brief description of  
how you have handled a complex or difficult decision-making process  
in one of your WGs.  I'll choose a few panelists from among the  
volunteers to help get the conversations started.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team