Subject: [edu-team] Brief note from the Ops Area meeting

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:05:06 -0400

Hi,

some recommendations were made in the Ops Area meeting on  
improvements that could be made to the Security class.  I will get  
the specific info later, once the slides are posted, but the main  
point is that we need a class that really explains not only how to  
write a security section but that we need to update it with the  
newest considerations that people are struggling with.

i will send the specifics when i have them, but wanted to make sure  
the idea was planted before i forgot.

a.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:29:40 -0400

Hi,

the specific recommendations from OPS Area:

   From: The need for better security considerations guidance
         http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/slides/opsarea-5.ppt
> Better educational materials
>
>    Revise EDU security material so that much more information is  
> provided about
>
>       when and how does strong security apply?
>
>       ‘how to design security into protocols’?
>       - today’s ‘Security Considerations Considerations’ section  
> does not even mention RFC 3552!

As a response to this and other more informal comments, it appears  
that it is worth looking at an update to the Security tutorial  
between now, and the next time it is given - which i will be  
recommending for IETF67.

thanks

a.