Subject: [edu-team] Slides for Tomorrow

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:20:58 -0400

Oops, here is the attachment!

Margaret
---
Hi All,

Here are my intro slides for tomorrow's WG chairs lunch.  Comments?

David Black, Olafur Gudmundsson and Bob Hinden volunteered for the  
panel.  The plan is for them to all speak for ~5 minutes on how they  
lead decision making processes in their groups, and for us to move on  
to a roundtable discussion for at least 1/2 of the session.

Marcia tells me that we are overbooked for the session -- we were  
planning on 70, but she is trying to see if more spots and box  
lunches can be added.

Margaret

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:13:51 -0400

> Oops, here is the attachment!

So, this was very good.

The thing I'm thinking about "before we do WG leadership again" is that 
there is quite a bit of "good advice" in the current class that doesn't 
actually appear in 2418, like "being explicit when you choose an editor for 
a WG document that has been adopted".

What do we do about this? I do NOT want to filter out the non-BCP-backed 
text, but have gotten pushback in previous discussions about "where is this 
written down?", and that is not a totally bogus question.

Thanks,

Spencer

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:18:53 +0200

Some of it may fit into 2418bis, but I don't see "it's written down
at the EDU site" doesn't work for non-normative material.

     Brian

> actually appear in 2418, like "being explicit when you choose an editor 
> for a WG document that has been adopted".
> 
> text, but have gotten pushback in previous discussions about "where is 
> this written down?", and that is not a totally bogus question.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Spencer
> 
>