Subject: [edu-team] WG Chair Training Lunch

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 17:20:47 -0400

Hi All,

As usual, we will be having a WG Chairs Training Lunch in Montreal  
during the Wednesday lunch slot.  All current WG chairs, BOF chairs  
and IESG members are encouraged to attend. A complementary lunch will  
be provided.  Please RSVP to [email-masked] no by Friday, July 7th  
if you would like to attend.

The topic for this session will be WG Decision Making.  We will be  
sharing our ideas and experiences about leading WGs through difficult  
decisions.  There may also be an opportunity to get some advice on  
specific, ongoing situations.  Hopefully this session will give us  
more opportunity for WG/BOF chair participation and interaction than  
the last couple of sessions.

Wednesday, July 11, 2006
1130-1300, Location TBD
=====================

Presentation:  Tools for WG Decision Making (TBD)

Round Table:   How to Lead a WG Through Tough Decisions
Panelists:  TBD (from volunteers, see below)

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!  Based on a suggestion from a member of this list,  
I'm making an open call for volunteers who might like to help lead  
the round-table discussion.  Please send me a brief description of  
how you have handled a complex or difficult decision-making process  
in one of your WGs.  I'll choose a few panelists from among the  
volunteers to help get the conversations started.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 17:24:11 -0400

Hi All,

Do you have any WG chairs who have done an especially good job of  
driving complicated decision making processes in your WGs?  If so,  
please encourage them to volunteer for this panel and/or send me  
their names so that I can encourage them.

Thanks,
Margaret

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
> Date: July 2, 2006 5:20:47 PM EDT
> To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Subject: WG Chair Training Lunch
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> and IESG members are encouraged to attend. A complementary lunch  
> will be provided.  Please RSVP to [email-masked] no by Friday,  
> July 7th if you would like to attend.
>
> sharing our ideas and experiences about leading WGs through  
> difficult decisions.  There may also be an opportunity to get some  
> advice on specific, ongoing situations.  Hopefully this session  
> will give us more opportunity for WG/BOF chair participation and  
> interaction than the last couple of sessions.
>
> Wednesday, July 11, 2006
> 1130-1300, Location TBD
> =====================
>
> VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!  Based on a suggestion from a member of this  
> list, I'm making an open call for volunteers who might like to help  
> lead the round-table discussion.  Please send me a brief  
> description of how you have handled a complex or difficult decision- 
> making process in one of your WGs.  I'll choose a few panelists  
> from among the volunteers to help get the conversations started.
>
>