Subject: [edu-team] Re: WG Chair Training Lunch

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:19:00 +0200

James,

If you RSVPed, you should have received a confirmation with the room number.
I got mine late last week. There is a head count for the lunches.

    Brian

James M. Polk wrote:
> Margaret & all
> 
> I seem to lack a destination for this gathering.  The last I have is TBD 
> as to where we are meeting for this lunch.
> 
> Does anyone know where this is taking place?
> 
> At 05:20 PM 7/2/2006 -0400, Margaret Wasserman wrote:
> 
>> Hi All,
>>
>> As usual, we will be having a WG Chairs Training Lunch in Montreal
>> during the Wednesday lunch slot.  All current WG chairs, BOF chairs
>> and IESG members are encouraged to attend. A complementary lunch will
>> be provided.  Please RSVP to [email-masked] no by Friday, July 7th
>> if you would like to attend.
>>
>> The topic for this session will be WG Decision Making.  We will be
>> sharing our ideas and experiences about leading WGs through difficult
>> decisions.  There may also be an opportunity to get some advice on
>> specific, ongoing situations.  Hopefully this session will give us
>> more opportunity for WG/BOF chair participation and interaction than
>> the last couple of sessions.
>>
>> Wednesday, July 11, 2006
>> 1130-1300, Location TBD
>> =====================
>>
>> Presentation:  Tools for WG Decision Making (TBD)
>>
>> Round Table:   How to Lead a WG Through Tough Decisions
>> Panelists:  TBD (from volunteers, see below)
>>
>> VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!  Based on a suggestion from a member of this list,
>> I'm making an open call for volunteers who might like to help lead
>> the round-table discussion.  Please send me a brief description of
>> how you have handled a complex or difficult decision-making process
>> in one of your WGs.  I'll choose a few panelists from among the
>> volunteers to help get the conversations started.
> 
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:31:21 -0400

No, didn't worked for me either ... It may be because the room seems
overbooked or has this already sorted out ?

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
> Organización: IBM
> Responder a: <[email-masked]>
> Fecha: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:19:00 +0200
> Para: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
> CC: <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
> <[email-masked]>
> Asunto: [edu-team] Re: WG Chair Training Lunch
> 
> James,
> 

**********************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
http://www.ipv6day.org

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:49:58 -0400

Hi All,

Everyone who RSVPed by July 7th should already have received a  
confirmation that contained a room number.  If you did RSVP by the  
7th and haven't received a message, please write to me, and I'll send  
you the room number.

If you RSVPed late, please be patient.  Marcia was still trying to  
arrange a few additional spots late yesterday, and she is replying to  
the last minute folks this morning.

If you did not RSVP and you are not a speaker, please do not show  
up.  I don't mean to be harsh, but we are already overbooked with  
people who did RSVP.  If you did not RSVP and you feel that you  
absolutely need to show up, please wait until everyone who has RSVPed  
has a lunch and a chair before assuming that there will be extras of  
either one.

Thanks,
Margaret

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:42:06 -0400

On Jul 12, 2006, at 2:26 PM, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:

> Given that the results of any design team have to be run thru the
> official WG mailing list anyway, like any other input received by  
> the WG
> from any individual, what is the difference between an "official"  
> design
> team and a bunch of people working on the same topic that feed their
> results into the WG?

there are any number of groups that develop something in a vacuum,  
bring it to the IETF, and want the IETF to rubber stamp it. They are  
routinely shocked and amazed by the reception they get.

"chilly" might be an accurate description.

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:42:28 -0400 (EDT)

see section 6.5 of RFC 2418 - there is no difference

Scott
----
>From [email-masked]  Wed Jul 12 14:34:45 2006
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:26:51 +0300
From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
	Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Design teams WAS (Re: [edu-team] Re: WG Chair Training Lunch)

Hi,

in the chair's lunch today, Brian said at some point that if a chair
decides to close down a design team, it is OK for the members to
continue discussing about the topic they were working on, but they
cannot be called an IETF design team anymore.

Given that the results of any design team have to be run thru the
official WG mailing list anyway, like any other input received by the WG
from any individual, what is the difference between an "official" design
team and a bunch of people working on the same topic that feed their
results into the WG?

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:53:17 -0400

Hi,

This thread is interesting.  and i would like to see the discussion  
continue in an educational context

But as list manager of the edu team list i wanted to point out that  
the team list is a closed list, which means i need to process each of  
the message individually to send them on to the list as they come  
from unsubscribed addresses.

There is, however, a edu discuss list that has not been used much. i  
invite any of you who would like to discuss educational offerings and  
the content of this or any other class, or of the edu program as a  
whole to join that list and discuss.

info: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-discuss

since the edu effort has an effect, we hope, on wgs, it is good if  
you all contribute to a public discussion.

thanks
a.