Subject: [edu-team] Minutes from 2/9/07

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:24:26 -0500

Here are the minutes from our meeting.  Please note the action items
at the bottom.

EDU Team Meeting Minutes
Friday, February 9th, 2007
8:00am PST/11:00am EST/5:00pm CET
===============================

DISCUSSION:

- Preparation for IETF68 Prague
   - Newcomers

   Margaret is doing this session.  Will use Scott's slides, possibly
   with minor tweaks.

   - WG Leadership

   Don Eastlake and Spencer will teach this session.  Spencer will
   arrange a call for Don, Margaret and Spencer to walk through the
   slides.  Margaret thinks that some PROTO information needs to be
   added.

   - IPv6

   Jordi is teaching this session.  Jordi has a rough first draft
   available.  Will need at least one more round of iteration and
   perhaps a call.

   - New Work

   Thomas is teaching this session.  He will make updates based on
   feedback and circulate to the EDU Team by 3/5.

   - RFC Editor

   RFC Editor is going to teach this course.  Ask for a copy of what
   they are going to present to put it on the EDU site in advance.  It
   is not clear what, if any, responsibility the EDU team has for this
   session.  Is this really part of EDU at all?  Margaret and Avri
   should talk to Leslie about this.  Margaret will send e-mail.

   - Security

   Radia is teaching this again.  Should not change much from last
   time.  Will tweak as necessary.

   - WG Chairs Lunch

   Margaret is organizing.  Will consist of Margaret doing a practical
   presentation on the PROTO process followed by a round table with a
   panel consisting of Brian, Lars and ~2 WG chairs who are good
   shepherds.  Margaret will send mail to Brian to remind him to
   solicit input form the IESG on 2 such chairs.

- Dates Reminder
   - New class materials submitted for review by 2/26/07
   - Updated class material submitted for review by 3/5/07

   Everyone was reminded to have their slides in by these dates.

- Pre-Planning for IETF69 Chicago

   IDEA: Tools session.  What are all of the tools that are useful to
   IETF attendees?  Public I-D tracker, tools.ietf.org, etc.  Ask
   Henrik to teach, possibly with Bill Fenner?  Radia would like to
   review slides.

   Bring back switching/routing?  Or DNS?  Don't remember what was
   taught when...  Mirjam will put together a table.

ACTION ITEMS:

Margaret  Tweak Newcomers slides, send to edu-team by 3/5

Spencer   Arrange call with Don Eastlake & Margaret to discuss WG
           Leadership

Spencer   Update WG Leadership slides, send to edu-team by 3/5
& Don

Jordi     Finish IPv6 slides, send final draft to edu-team by 2/26

Thomas    Update new work slides as necessary, send to edu-team
           by 3/5

Margaret  Send e-mail to Brian & Leslie to clarify edu-team
           responsibilities, if any, for RFC Editor session

Radia     Tweak security slides as needed, send to edu-team by 3/5

Margaret  Send e-mail to Brian requestion good shepherds for WG
           Chairs Lunch.  DONE.

Brian     Work with IESG to recommend a few good shepherds for
           the WG Chairs Lunch panel

Margaret  Write PROTO training slides for chairs lunch, send to
           edu-team by 2/26

Mirjam    Produce spreadsheet or table of what has been taught when  
by whom

Margaret  Talk to Henrik about possibility of a tools training  
session in Chicago

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 19:48:44 +0100

Sorry, my flight got delayed so I was unable to connect to the call.

I got already a couple of emails for my first draft slides from Brian and
Margaret and will be working on those during a long flight that I've
tomorrow, so most probably will have something circulated after the weekend.

For Chicago I will be also available for the IPv6 class, especially if the
feedback on it is good. By the way, there is any feedback form for the edu
sessions ? If not may be a good idea to work on one ?

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
> Responder a: <[email-masked]>
> Fecha: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:24:26 -0500
> Para: EDU Team <[email-masked]>
> Asunto: [edu-team] Minutes from 2/9/07
> 
> 

**********************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
http://www.ipv6day.org

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.