Subject: [edu-team] RFC Ed. tutorial slides

From: Alice Hagens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:07:53 -0700

Margaret,

The slides for the IETF 69 tutorial are available here:
   PPT: ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-editor/tutorial69.ppt
   PDF: ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-editor/tutorial69.pdf

Also, FYI, the Q&A summary below was sent to attendees who signed in  
(47 people).

Thanks,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------
// Q&A at the RFC Editor Tutorial
// IETF 69 - July 22, 2007

Q1: Where are the slides available?
A1: On www.rfc-editor.org, click "RFC Tutorial slides" for the PDF.
(as above: ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-editor/ 
tutorial.latest.pdf)

Q2: What happens during AUTH48 when an author is unreachable?
A2: There are a few options:

1. The author can be moved from the front page to the
    Acknowledgments section.

2. The author can be moved from the front page to the
    Contributors section.

3. An AD can approve the document in place of the unavailable author.

    [This option has been done in instances where the missing author  
made
    sizeable contributions to the document, so the other authors did
    not feel comfortable removing the individual's name as an author.]

Q3: After all the authors have given their approvals of a document in  
AUTH48, how long before the document is published?
A3: Typically about 24-48 hours, but if the document is part of a set  
(i.e., linked to other documents by normative references), it will be  
published when the other documents in the set have also been approved  
by their authors.

Q4: Does the RFC Editor communicate strictly by email or are you  
available by phone?
Q4: Mostly by email, but the phone number for ISI is 310-822-1511.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team