Subject: [edu-team] Minutes from IETF69 Meeting

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:39:35 -0400

Here are the minutes from this morning's meeting.

Margaret

EDU Team Minutes -- Wed, July 25th, 2007 (IETF Chicago)

Attendees: Russ, Margaret, Jordi, Thomas, Brian, Radia. Mirjam, Alice

ACTION ITEMS:
Margaret  Talk to Dan about possible Management training at IETF70
Margaret  Talk to Dave H. about Manageability topic for WG Chairs
Margaret  Talk to secretariat about new location for EDU website
Jordi	  Get web information transferred to new site
Henrik	  Send tools slides to edu-team
Margaret  Contact DNS guys about DNS tutorial at IETF70
Margaret  Send mail to Geoff about IDR tutorial focus change
Margaret  Submit WG Chairs slides for inclusion in proceedings

AGENDA:
Discuss proposal for Document Lifecycle Training

NOTES:
Talked about training this week.

Heard good things about new tools tutorial.

Some concerns about coverage of IDR session -- more of a tutorial on
routing protocols than intended.  Would prefer a coverage of how
Internet routing works -- What is the DFZ? What is peering? How does
the routing information flow?  How does the traffic flow?  What are
the business relationships involved?  Margaret to send e-mail to Geoff
cc:ing EDU team to kick off a discussion.

Then talked about web site.  Current web pages are out of date.  Could
we transition them to an IETF tools server and update? Discussed
Document Lifecycle proposal.

Jordi will provide a resource to move the EDU Team website to an
IETF tools server, so that we can update it more reliably.  He will
work with Avri on this.

Should add pointers to new RFCs and ION that explain publication
paths.

Shoud also add a quick reference to IPR information, but not cover it
in detail, as it is already covered in Newcomers.

Question about what happens to RFC Editor session and WG Leadership.
Alice indicated that the RFC Editor class would not be taught at the
same IETF as this class.  What about WG Leadership?  We would still
need some type of training for new WG chairs.

Class will focus mainly on the IETF document stream.  Other streams
will be mentioned, but they won't be the main focus.  Include key
points from Jari's ION -- Brian will send pointer.

Question about pointer to XML2RFC tutorial?  Not clear how/if this
tutorial will be taught again.  Better to include pointers to the
xml.resource.org site?

If we're giving this next time, we need to have slides ready for
EDU Team review by the -00 cut-off date.

Classes for next Session:

Newcomers -- Scott?
Document Lifecycle -- Alice & Spencer
Tools -- Henrik
IDR -- Geoff (if willing to updated, as above)
DNS -- Peter Koch & Olafur

New Idea: Management & Manageability?  Dan and Dave Harrington?  If
not, cycle security in again?

If we don't cycle the Security tutorial in for IETF 70, it should come
back for IETF 71.

For WG Chairs next time: Ops & Management Considerations?  Get Dave
Harrington to present?

May have announcement regarding IPR changes depending on timing of the
changes.

We should start submitting the WG Chairs materials to the Secretariat
for inclusion in the proceedings.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott O. Bradner)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:43:42 -0400 (EDT)

> Classes for next Session:

can do

Scott