Subject: [edu-team] A possible new technical tutorial?

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 23:02:01 -0700

How about wireless protocols, their implications on higher layers,
wireless security, MANET routing, etc.?

Radia

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:53:14 +1300

> wireless security, MANET routing, etc.?

Their impact on TCP is a big deal in itself.

MANET routing is a rathole - have you looked at RPL?

But yes, there might well be a tutorial in there.

    Brian

---

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 03:50:52 -0700

THe person I was talking to that said he might be interested in doing
it, is supposed to send me email...(I've forgotten who it is...it's up
to him at this point).  He seemed to be very clear in explaining
things that I was asking him about, so I suspect he'd be a good
speaker.  I told him to think about what might be included, and then
propose a scope, we'd give him feedback, then he'd do slides, we'd
give him feedback, etc.

So...I guess I will encourage him to start working on it when/if he
sends me email.

Any other ideas for technical areas that are mysterious?

Radia