Subject: [edu-team] Tutorial Suggestions from IETF participants in Taipai

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:50:29 +0100

Hi all,

Sorry for the flood of mails today...

Ray sent us some feedback he received after the Taipai IETF. I am glad 
we already took some of the points into account for IETF 83. And it 
might give us some ideas for future IETF meetings.

Regards,
Mirjam
------

- Document editing; how to be a document shepherd

- I suggest having a training for new working group chairs at IETF 83.

- Perhaps a tutorial on successful research of the IRTF that have had a 
signficant impact on the global marketplace.

- Couldn't able to attend Document Life Cycle class since it was held in 
parallel to Routing, Bridging, Switching.

- Do you need someone for IETF'83 newcomers in French (I am for France 
and I have contacts).

- Radia's class was AWESOME! One of the highlights of the week

- Security, IPSec, SSL etc - DNS, DNSSec

- The non-technical topics are useful. The technical tutorials need to 
focus on emerging technology that affects multiple WGs and Areas - a 
more grunty version of the technical plenary, with deep technical content.

- Attended them previously.

- Would attend WG leadership & Document Life Cycle if offered again. 
Couldn't attend this time due to travel requirements.

- Privacy.