Subject: [edu-team] Tools tutorial for IETF 83/IETF 84

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:15:04 +0100

Hi all,

It occurred to me that Henrik didn't confirm to do the tools tutorial in 
Paris (well, it actually occurred to Alice. Thanks again, Alice). Alice 
kindly offered to fill this slot for IETF 83 and provide one of the 
following:

- "Document Lifecycle" (not ideal b/c given at last IETF) or
- "Tools for Creating I-Ds" (not ideal b/c xml2rfc is a moving target -- 
although not that much of a moving target b/c the DTD will stay the same)

I thought Tools for Creating IDs would be useful. What do you think?

Alice further offered to help prepare a more general tools tutorial 
together with Henrik or another member of the tools team for the 
Vancouver IETF in July.

Please let me know if you agree with this, so I can send the updated 
information to the secretariat.

Thanks,
Mirjam

---

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 01:44:13 -0800

Focusing on tools for creating IDs would be fine, though it might be good
to also at least mention some of the other things (e.g., datatracker).
I've also thought it would be nice to have online tutorial information
about all the tools...description of what is available and handholding
through using them.  Maybe it is already online but I don't know about it?

But at any rate, I think it's great to do a tools tutorial fairly
frequently, whether or not it focuses on just creating IDs.

Radia

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM, Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]> wrote:

> together with Henrik or another member of the tools team for the Vancouver
> IETF in July.
>
> ______________________________**_________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/edu-team<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team>
>

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:00:45 -0500

> Paris

"Didn't confirm" implies a need to retransmit.

Or do you mean he declined?

Thomas

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:27:31 +0100

Hi Thomas,

Well, I asked him once and never sent a reminder. So, I don't think he 
is to blame for this. I just thought it might be too late now for him to 
prepare this. But I guess, I could ask him again and then we can decide 
what to do.

Mirjam

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:42:20 +1300

If Henrik confirms that he's unavailable, I think the I-D one is useful.

Can it also include the Word template? I am occasionally obliged to use
it by co-author preferences, and I find it somewhat mysterious.

Also include a one or two page overview of the document lifecycle.

Regards
   Brian

On 2012-01-19 22:15, Mirjam Kuehne wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:59:09 +0100

Hi all,

Henrik got back to me and said he would love to do this, but has too 
much to work with the database transition at the moment so he'd rather 
not commit to do a training for IETF 83.

In that case, I think most people thought Tools for Creating IDs would 
be most useful at this stage.

Alice, I'll ask the secretariat to announce it on the web site (I send 
them the description we used last time).

And I think that's all for IETF 83 :-)

Mirjam