Subject: [edu-team] Substitute Tutorial for Vancouver

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 10:01:03 -0700

Hi, Stephanie,

Unfortunately, the ops tutorial in the 3 PM time slot is not going to
happen.  However, we have a substitute tutorial, which Donald is somewhat
heroically putting together in a hurry since this is a last minute
substitution.

Title: Wireless links; Properties, Challenges, Solutions, and Implications

Presenter: Donald Eastlake

Description: Wireless links have subtly different properties than wired
links, and present special challenges in privacy, energy use, security, and
packet loss. This tutorial will explain the concepts behind the design of
wireless protocols, and the range of solutions, along with the implication
that these properties have on other layers.

--------
Can you update the web page accordingly?  And perhaps even the registration
page that asks if people will be attending the ops tutorial to replace it
with wireless tutorial?

Thanks,

Radia

---

From: Stephanie McCammon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 17:27:49 -0700

Hi Radia,

I've changed the web page and we are working on changing the registration page.  Please let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks,

Stephanie McCammon
IETF Project Manager
48377 Fremont Blvd, Ste. 117
Fremont, CA 94538
T: +1.510.492.4081
F: +1.510.492.4001

Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting, and Event Planning
www.amsl.com

On Oct 8, 2013, at 10:01 AM, Radia Perlman wrote:

Hi, Stephanie,

Unfortunately, the ops tutorial in the 3 PM time slot is not going to happen.  However, we have a substitute tutorial, which Donald is somewhat heroically putting together in a hurry since this is a last minute substitution.

Description: Wireless links have subtly different properties than wired links, and present special challenges in privacy, energy use, security, and packet loss. This tutorial will explain the concepts behind the design of wireless protocols, and the range of solutions, along with the implication that these properties have on other layers.

--------
Can you update the web page accordingly?  And perhaps even the registration page that asks if people will be attending the ops tutorial to replace it with wireless tutorial?

Thanks,

Radia