Subject: [edu-team] Tutorials for IETF 89 in London

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 20:04:59 +0100

Hi,

So, what do we have for IETF 89:

- Newcomers (Scott already confirmed)

- Radia suggested to do the Wireless tutorial again

- AAA (Lionel Morand)

- Privacy (We still have to find a speaker, as Alissa or Hannes are both 
busy on Sunday afternoon. I am in touch with Alissa about that).

And for WG Chairs: Consensus (Pete Resnick, Peter Saint-Andre and 
Melinda Shore)

I also spoke to Pete about an APP overview tutorial and he was all for 
it. He and Barry Leiba will find some people in the area and will then 
get back to us. Maybe talking to the ADs individually gets us a better 
result than contacting the entire IESG. We'll see.

Kind regards,
Mirjam

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 20:12:44 +0100

Hi,

The APP guys offered to prepare a tutorial for IETF 89 already. So, we 
could add that to the list below, but should probably decide soon so 
they can start building slides and send them to us for review.

Radia, did you check with Donald if he would be interested to do the 
Wireless tutorial again in London?

Mirjam

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 08:13:34 +1300

Looks like a plan.

I suggest following up in parallel on Ops Area overview and Apps Area overview,
and pick the one that seems most ready for IETF 90 and the other one for IETF 91.

Regards
   Brian

On 08/11/2013 08:04, Mirjam Kuehne wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 08:18:04 +1300

Do we drop something else, or run 3 in parallel?

Regards
   Brian

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 20:20:02 +0100

I think more than 2 in parallel is probably too much. So, we would have 
to drop one.

Mirjam

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 10:26:13 +1300

I don't think we can drop AAA since they have just confirmed
it and I don't think we can drop Privacy because it's a hot
topic. (Also we know that the slides are almost ready.)

That would mean delaying the repeat of Wireless, which doesn't
seem too bad.

Regards
   Brian

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 16:09:59 +0100

Hi,

To follow-up on this topic:

I agree it would be nice if we could get the APP tutorial for IETF 89. 
Barry Leiba was quite keen in getting that started soon. I'll get in 
touch with the people he suggested and copy the list.

Then Donald could do Wireless again in Toronto (Radia, did you ask him 
if he is OK with that?).

Radia and I had a good chat with Lionel Morand about the AAA tutorial. 
He will send an outline to us soon.

Alissa didn't get back to me yet about who will be giving the privacy 
tutorial, I'll follow-up with her.

So, I think we're good for IETF 89 :-)

Regards,
Mirjam