Subject: [edu-team] APP Area Overview Tutorial at IETF 89

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:11:27 +0100

Hi Murray, Hi Alexey,

You might have heard that the Edu Team is working on a series of IETF 
area overviews. The RAI area was the first one:

http://www.ietf.org/edu/process-oriented-tutorials.html#raiinfrastructure

Barry Leiba and Pete Resnick suggested that the APP area would be next. 
And your names were mentioned in relation to preparing slides and giving 
the tutorial :-) Are you aware of this?

As a first step, we would need a short paragraph describing the tutorial 
(you can use the RAI tutorial as an example) so that the IETF 
secretariat can include that on the registration page. And will you be 
available on Sunday, 2 March at 13:00 to deliver the tutorial in London?

The tutorial should cover things like the general scope of the area, the 
current WGs and their relations to each other, relation to other areas 
and possibly to external groups, any hot topics, open issues, what's 
currently being discussed etc. It doesn't have to go into detail of each 
and every protocol.

Please let us know if this makes sense and if you are willing to do this.

Kind regards,
Mirjam Kuehne
RIPE NCC