Subject: [edu-team] Collaboration with IETF mentoring programme

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 15:49:37 +0200

Hi,

I have been in touch with Nalini Elkins who will lead the mentoring
programme from now on (she's is taking that over from Alissa) to make
sure it is coordinated with the edu-team (as discussed before).

There will be a table next to the registration desk in Toronto promoting
the mentoring programme and to help facilitate the pairing between
mentors and mentees. I suggested to make this a shared table with the
edu-team. The secretariat will provide a banner or a flag that will say
Edu-Team and the URL to the edu-team pages. For now, this will only be
on Sunday (and for now only in Toronto. We will see how it goes first).
I know Sunday is busy with the IEPG and the tutorials, but if any of you
have a spare moment to be at the table and tell people/newcomers about
the edu activities, that would be great. Alice, you might be in the
neighbourhood behind your RFC table :)

Nalini together with the secretariat is also organising a dinner on
Monday night with Newcomers, Mentors and possibly the Edu-Team.
Unfortunately I cannot make it on Monday evening, but if any of you is
interested, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mirjam