Subject: [edu-team] IETF 98 survey results & plans for IETF 99

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 16:23:31 +0200

Hi all,

Alexa kindly sent the survey results for all our IETF 98 tutorials:

Newcomers' Orientation:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-BKS332SH/

Introduction to QUIC:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-2DL5B2SH/

Security Considerations:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-NM66H2SH/

Independent Stream:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-BQF962SH/

Please also note the comments. For instance it was interesting to see
that while people enjoyed the QUIC tutorial, they would like to see more
in-depth technical information. Maybe this could be a follow-up tutorial?

Do you have any other feedback for the IETF 98 tutorials?

For IETF 99 in Prague, we have the following suggestions so far:

- Newcomers (Mike St.Johns)

- IRTF Overview (Allison Mankin)
Allison couldn't do this in Chicago, but was happy to have this
scheduled for Prague.

- DPRIVE (Sara Dickinson)
This tutorial was very well receives at IETF 97 in Seoul. I spoke to
Sara in Chicago and she would be willing to do this again in Prague
where we might be able to reach different people who were not in Seoul.

- Presentation skills
Some people suggested this could be useful. We did this once a long time
ago. Maybe it is time again?

- GitHub
See the earlier discussion on this list. We had this topic as a WG
chairs presentation at IETF 94. At the last IETF there was a BoF around
that topic and also quite an extensive discussion at the WG chairs
session. However, there seems to be some hesitation to open this up as a
tutorial at this stage and if so we would need to clearly define the
scope, goals etc.

What do you think? Or did you hear any other suggestions?

Kind regards,
Mirjam