Subject: [edu-team] mentoring guide topic list

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 02:24:06 -0700

I took a look at my notes from the last two feedback sessions, and from
discussions with past mentors (future guides) and created a list of
"topics" for guides and mentees (we need a new name for this!!) to
possibly talk about.  Niels and I iterated on the resulting list a bit
and it is now in good shape as a list to pass on to newcomers and
guides (the idea to do this actually came from some mentors in the past
that wanted help about what they should talk about).

Anyway, here's the document and Niels and I would love any feedback you
have about the list.  We're trying to find the balance between "too short"
and "too detailed".

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_MYuflLx2y9jLOvUAmN6EXVEO0ugotmrrGLMBETkcRI/edit?usp=sharing

-- 
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 11:59:04 +0200

Hi Wes,

Thanks for sharing. I think this is a great list and I am sure this will
be very useful for mentors/guides. I wonder if you want to add something
on "decision making" in general. You mention humming, but I think it is
also important to point out the way we build consensus (all concerns are
heard etc.).

Mirjam

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 23:59:35 -0700

> also important to point out the way we build consensus (all concerns are

That's a great point, thanks.
-- 
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI