Subject: [eman] 2nd CfP: ENERGY 2011 || May 22-27, 2011 - Venice, Italy

From: "Peoples Cathryn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 11:59:35 -0000

INVITATION:
=================
Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate
groups the following opportunity to submit and publish original
scientific results.
=================

============== ENERGY 2011 | Call for Papers ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS

ENERGY 2011: The First International Conference on Smart Grids, Green
Communications and IT Energy-aware Technologies

May 22-27, 2011 - Venice, Italy

General page: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2011/ENERGY11.html
Call for Papers: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2011/CfPENERGY11.html

Submission deadline: January 10, 2011

Technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Consumer Electronics Society
Sponsored by IARIA, www.iaria.org
Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA
Journals: http://www.iariajournals.org
Please note the Poster Forum and Work in Progress options.

The topics suggested by the conference can be discussed in term of
concepts, state of the art, research, standards, implementations,
running experiments, applications, and industrial case studies.
Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are
not under review in any other conference or journal in the following,
but not limited to, topic areas.

All tracks are open to both research and industry contributions, in
terms of Regular papers, Posters, Work in progress,
Technical/marketing/business presentations, Demos, Tutorials, and Panels.

Before submission, please check and comply with the Editorial rules:
http://www.iaria.org/editorialrules.html

ENERGY 2011 Topics (topics and submission details: see CfP on the site)

Fundamentals in Smart Grids
Architectures for Smart Grids; Smart Grids Modeling; Middleware for
Smart Grids; Energy-efficient communication for Smart Grid
infrastructures; Smart Grid Specific Protocols (DNP3, ICCP); Scalable
infrastructures for Smart Grids; Service-oriented architectures for
Smart Grids; Standards for Smart Grids; Implementation and projects
on Smart Grids; Innovations on Smart Grids

Green communications
Energy-efficient communication protocols and power management; Green
communications (energy efficient modulation, coding, resource
allocation); Optimization of energy-efficient protocols/algorithms;
Cross-layer optimization techniques for efficient energy consumption;
Energy-efficient scheduling algorithms; Voltage and frequency scaled
networks protocols; Energy-efficient transmission technologies;
Energy-efficient protocols/algorithms in physical and IP layers;
Energy-efficient radio resource management and routing; Hardware
energy-efficiency systems; Virtualization techniques for energy
efficiency; Simulation/modeling tools for energy efficient solutions;

Green computation
Energy-efficient service provisioning; Energy-efficient networking;
Technology as Green Enablers (Grid, Cloud, Data Centers,
Virtualization); Energy-efficient methodologies for infrastructure;
Cooling/heating efficient energy; Power distribution; Green service life cycle;

Energy efficiency planning
Green performance metrics; Energy and performance profiling; Energy
consumption and energy efficiency analysis; Energy demand prediction
for appliances in industrial and home environments; Green
certificates; Green maturity models

Energy-aware vehicular technologies
Alternative vehicular energy; Hybrid car energy and new battery
technologies; Smart charging infrastructure; New forms of energy
storage; Integration of electric vehicles and battery technology;
Monitoring and sense-and-control of charging; Energy-aware vehicular
sensor networks; Pricing models for charging stations, roaming across
territories; Systems and computing for electric vehicle; Car energy
optimization; Pricing models for charging stations

Smart Grids technologies
Sensors for Smart Grids; Wireless communications and networks for the
Smart Grid last mile; Transport layer mechanisms for Smart Grids; IP
interoperability in the Smart Grid; Multicast and secure multicast
for the Smart Grids; Intelligent electronic devices (IED) for Smart
Grids; Precision time synchronization protocols for the Smart Grids

Smart Grids management and control
AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure); QoS, latency and reliability
in Smart Grids; Security (including wireless, wire-line, broadband
over power lines) in Smart Grids; Data aggregation, privacy
considerations, and network data anonymization; Mobility issues in
Smart Grids; Demand - response with dynamic pricing on a real-time in
Smart Grids; Intelligent status monitoring in Smart Grids; Fault
tolerance and disaster recovery in Smart Grids; Load balancing in
Smart Grids; Dynamic discovery in Smart Grids

Software for Smart Grids
Management software for Smart Grids; End-User software application
for Smart-grids; Firmware for Smart devices; Smart Grid modeling applications;

Smart Grids applications
Home Area Networking (HAN) technologies with smart meters; Wind
energy integration in Smart Grids; Disseminating power grid status
information in Smart Grids; Solar, wind and energy storage
integration in Smart Grids; Business issues for Smart Grids;
Resilient operations against physical and cyber attacks, and natural
disasters; Power quality operations in a digital economy;
Anticipation and responses to system disturbances in a self-healing
manner applications

Smart Grids and social infrastructure challenges
Utilities and transportation assets; Smart Grid efficiency, security
and reliability; Smart Grids and renewable technologies; Enabling
active participation by consumers; Accommodate all generation and
storage options; Enable new products, services, and markets; Optimize
asset utilization and operating efficiency; Legislation on Smart Grid

Advanced IT energy-aware technologies
Communications, sensors, wireless, mobility; Integration of consumer
with utility's infrastructure; Automation, including billing and
monitoring (smart meter integration); User interfaces (e.g., personal
mobile devices); Appliance integration of smart appliances
(communications interfaces, data formats); Integration of customer
perception and response; Integration of solar technologies;
Integration of wind mill technologies; Energy storage integration -
battery, hydro, mechanical; Renewable energy - energy source
integration models; Sensors use for energy management

Challenges in Smart Grids and IT-energy aware technologies
Scaling up; Cyber-infrastructure and cyber-security-technologies,
models; Open-systems wireless and communications interface software;
Security of information technology; Governments and corporation
visions; Social perception and support; Standardizing approach

Committee: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2011/ComENERGY11.html
====================
Publicity Chair: Cathryn Peoples