Subject: [EME] Ambient Networks

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:53:22 +0200

Hi Paul,
Hi all,

In one of my previous mail I mentioned work done in an EU funded 
project, called Ambient Networks.
NSIS (called GANS for some reason) was extended with a FQDN based 
discovery mechanisms.

Here are some references:

"GANS: A Signalling Framework for Dynamic Interworking between 
Heterogeneous Networks",  N. Akhtar, R. Campos, C. Kappler, P. 
Pääkkönen, P. Pöyhönen und D. Zhou, IEEE VTC Fall 2006, Montreal, 
Kanada, Sept. 2006."

If you need the paper please send me a mail.

These two documents are Ambient Network deliverables. The first document 
provides a motivation and a first design. The second document provides a 
design update:
* D3.2, Ch.5  
http://www.ambient-networks.org/phase1web/publications/D_3_2.pdf
* D3.3, Ch. 5.1 , 
http://www.ambient-networks.org/phase1web/publications/D3_3_Connecting_Ambient_Networks_Final_Architecture_Protocol_Design_&_Evaluation_PU.pdf

Since I was not involved in this work I put Cornelia Kappler on CC. She 
might be able to provide more insight in what exactly was done in that 
project.

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
EME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eme

---

From: "Kappler, Cornelia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:19:05 +0200

Dear all, 

if you are interested in the matter, let me recommend you read the VTC paper rather than the project deliverables. The deliverables contain an abundance of project-speak which is tedious for outsiders to understand.

If you have questions regarding the matter, dont hesitate to contact me. 

Best regards, Cornelia

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: ext Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. Juni 2007 15:53
> An: [email-masked]
> Cc: Kappler, Cornelia; Paul Francis
> Betreff: Ambient Networks
> 
> Hi Paul,
> Hi all,
> 
> http://www.ambient-networks.org/phase1web/publications/D3_3_Co
nnecting_Ambient_Networks_Final_Architecture_Protocol_Design_&_Ev> aluation_PU.pdf