Subject: [Emu] EMU PSK Method work Item

From: "Salowey, Joe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:22:18 -0800

The first work item on the EMU charter is to start work on a shared
secret EAP method.  The item on the charter is:

"A mechanism based on strong shared secrets that meets RFC 3748 and
RFC 4017 requirements. This mechanism should strive to be simple and
compact for implementation in resource constrained environments."

The emphasis here is to create a simple, secure mechanism to support pre
shared secret keys.  Support for optional enhancements may be considered
in the design as long as it does not bog down the progress of the work
item.  Current work in this area which should be considered in the
design including:

EAP-PAX - draft-clancy-eap-pax-06.txt
EAP-PSK - draft-bersani-eap-psk-09.txt
EAP-SAKE - draft-vanderveen-eap-sake-00.txt
EAP-IKEv2 - draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-eap-auth-04.txt
TLS-PSK - RFC4279

Please send email to the chairs if you are interested in participating
as a contributor on the shared secret method design team along with a
description of your experience.

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu