Subject: [Emu] Draft on EAP-TLS for TLS-PSK

From: "Joseph Salowey \(jsalowey\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:58:31 -0700

Below is an announcement for a draft that I missed that may be pertinent
to some of the discussions in the working group.  It looks like it
addresses using EAP-TLS with PSK based cipher suites. 

Joe

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

       Title           : The EAP-TLS-PSK Authentication Protocol
       Author(s)       : T. Otto, H. Tschofenig
       Filename        : draft-otto-emu-eap-tls-psk-00.txt
       Pages           : 28
       Date            : 2006-4-20

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), defined in RFC 3748, is
a network access authentication framework which provides support for
multiple authentication methods.  One proposal is EAP-TLS, which
relies on the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol and allows for
certificate-based authentication.  This document specifies EAP-TLS-
PSK, which also relies on TLS, but allows for shared secret-based
authentication.  EAP-TLS-PSK supports the pre-shared key ciphersuites
specified in RFC 4279.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otto-emu-eap-tls-psk-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
       "get draft-otto-emu-eap-tls-psk-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
       [email-masked].
In the body type:
       "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-otto-emu-eap-tls-psk-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
       MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
       feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
       command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
       a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
       exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
       "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
       up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
       how to manipulate these messages.

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu