Subject: [Emu] EMU PSK design team draft available

From: "Joseph Salowey \(jsalowey\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 15:43:22 -0700

The EMU PSK design team has completed a draft of a Generalized
Pre-Shared Key EAP method for consideration by the EMU working group.
Information on accessing the draft is included at the end of this
message.  Please review this draft and post comments to the EMU working
group list.  

I would like to thank the EMU PSK design team for the hard work put into
this document.  

Joe

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

       Title           : EAP Generalized Pre-Shared Key (EAP-GPSK)
       Author(s)       : C. Clancy, H. Tschofenig
       Filename        : draft-clancy-emu-eap-shared-secret-00.txt
       Pages           : 29
       Date            : 2006-6-6

This Internet Draft defines an Extensible Authentication Protocol
method called EAP Generalized Pre-Shared Key (EAP-GPSK).  This method
is a lightweight shared-key authentication protocol supporting mutual
authentication and key derivation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clancy-emu-eap-shared-secret-0
0.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
       "get draft-clancy-emu-eap-shared-secret-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
       [email-masked].
In the body type:
       "FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-clancy-emu-eap-shared-secret-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
       MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
       feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
       command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
       a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
       exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
       "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
       up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
       how to manipulate these messages.

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu

---

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 19:30:40 -0700

Just a random comment:

"Server identity as an opaque blog."

Many blogs are in fact quite opaque, but do we really need to force the user 
to read an opaque blog as part of the protocol? :)

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 09:18:02 +0200

Hi Bernard,

we did not know how the server identity should look like.
Hence, we just said that it is a blog. I guess the same approach was 
used in PAX.

Ciao
Hannes

Bernard Aboba wrote:
> Many blogs are in fact quite opaque, but do we really need to force the 
> user to read an opaque blog as part of the protocol? :)
> 
> 
>

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:26:31 +0200

Bernard,

now I got your point :-)

Took a little bit longer....

Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
>> Many blogs are in fact quite opaque, but do we really need to force 
>> the user to read an opaque blog as part of the protocol? :)
>>
>>
>>