Subject: [Emu] IETF-66 EMU working group summary

From: "Joseph Salowey \(jsalowey\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:05:55 -0700

The EMU working group meet at 9AM on Wednesday

The first topic of discussion was presented by Hannes Tschofenig on the
draft Generalized Pre-shared key (GPSK) EAP method which specifies a PSK
EAP Method.  There was consensus in the room to take this on as a
working group item to meet the PSK charter item with a modification to
the defined cipersuites (switch AES-CCM for AES-EAX).  The action is to
solicit comments on if this should be accepted as a working group item
on the EMU list. 

Next Bernard Aboba discussed the RFC2716bis (EAP-TLS) document.  The
presentation discussed some open issues of the draft.  Interoperability
problems with the TLS 3DES ciphersuites were discussed. It was noted
that some variants of EAP methods based on TLS method used the same
label strings in deriving the MSK from the TLS master secret. This is
thought to lead to some potential problems so it might be advisable to
use different label strings for this in the future.  Lastly, identity
privacy using TLS was discussed.  The draft needs to be updated and
listed as a working group draft on the charter page.

Next we had some presentations on EAP-TLS related methods.  Hannes
Tschofenig presented on EAP-TLS-PSK which is an EAP method specifically
for TLS PSK ciphersuites. Pascal Urien presented on an identity privacy
scheme for TLS.  The general feeling was this would be better evaluated
by the TLS group. Hao Zhou presented on some possible enhancements for
EAP-TLS.  More discussion on enhanced EAP-TLS is needed on the list. 

Dave Mitton presented on issues implementing new EAP methods.  One
problem was that some access points don't pass some EAP types they don't
know about.  The action is to assist the WIFI alliance develop tests for
this.   

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu