Subject: [Emu] Some comments on EAP-GPSK

From: "Joseph Salowey \(jsalowey\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:22:30 -0700

I think the document is in good shape, but I have a few minor comments:

1.  The document defines vendor OID. What is this intended to be, is the
SMI OID?  I think the document needs to specify what the registry is.  

2.  There is no IANA registry created for OP-CODES

3.  Are both the PSK not found and authentication error codes necessary.
It appears that the "PSK not found" error is equivalent to "bad
username".  Perhaps this is not as much of an issue with a PSK as with a
password, but it may allow an attacker to probe for valid "accounts". 

4. It seems that there should be a reference to AES. 

5. It seems that the server-ID is a user-visible field and should be
encoded in UTF-8. 

Thanks,

Joe

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu