Subject: [Emu] updated EAP-GPSK

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:30:01 +0200

I've submitted an update to the EAP-GPSK draft:
http://www.tschofenig.com/svn/draft-clancy-emu-eap-gpsk/draft-ietf-emu-eap-gpsk-06.txt

Changes:

* fixed the description of flexibility in the introduction section
* added terms to the terminology section
* minor update to the key derivation section
* clarified the vendor-specific ciphersuite usage
* modified the length of the CSuite/Vendor and CSuite/Specifier format
* added reference to AES
* fixed minor bugs in the examples
* updated IANA Considerations section

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu

---

From: Jouni Malinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:57:55 -0700

> * updated IANA Considerations section

Looks good. Couple of editorial comments about missed edits for
PData/Vendor,Specifier size change:

7.4.  Protected Data

   "Type values are encoded as a 6-octet string and represented by a
   4-octet vendor and 2-octet specifier field.  The vendor field
   indicates the type as either standards-specified or vendor-specific.
   If these three octets are 0x00000000, then the value is standards-"

s/these three octets/these four octets/

    0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                   PData/Vendor                |              ...
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
            PData/Specifier        |         PData/Length          |

should be replaced with

    0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                   PData/Vendor                                |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |        PData/Specifier        |         PData/Length          |

   "For PData/Vendor field 0x000000, the following PData/Specifier fields
   are defined:"

s/0x000000/0x00000000/

11.  IANA Considerations

   "The following is the initial protected data PData/Specifier registry
   setup:

   o  0x000000 : Reserved
   o  0x000001 : Protected Results Indication

   The PData/Specifier field is 24 bits long and all other values are
   available via IANA registration."

s/0x000000/0x0000/
s/0x000001/0x0001/
s/24 bits/16 bits/

-- 
Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA

---

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:11:28 +0100

Nice catches.  Also 2nd paragraph in section 5 needs to be updated with 
the proper OID field size.

-- 
t. charles clancy, ph.d.  <>  [email-masked]  <>  www.cs.umd.edu/~clancy