Subject: [Emu] I-D Action:draft-ietf-emu-chbind-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Channel Binding Support for EAP Methods
	Author(s)       : C. Clancy, K. Hoeper
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emu-chbind-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2009-10-22

This document defines how to implement channel bindings for
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) methods to address the lying
NAS as well as the lying provider problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-emu-chbind-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Hoeper Katrin-QWKN37" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:41:03 -0400

Hi all,

I just submitted a new version of the "Channel Binding Support for EAP
Methods" draft (http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-emu-chbind-04.txt).

This version addresses the recent discussions on the list.
The main problem seemed to be the scope of the -03 version because it
included authorization capabilities, i.e. channel bindings were used to
verify whether a NAS is *authorized* to provide an advertized service.
The new -04 draft has re-focused the scope to the original purpose of
channel bindings, namely preventing the lying NAS as well as the lying
provider problem.

The primary changes are in Section 1 (new more limited scope), Section
5.2 (removed authorization checks), and Section 10 (set up of policy
database no longer needed).

In addition Section 7.2.2 IEEE 802.11s was removed based on Bernard's
comment, who pointed out that the referenced attribute no longer exists
in the 11s draft.

Please read the new draft before the meeting in Hiroshima (in less than
3 weeks!). I believe the new draft addresses all open issues and is now
ready for WGLC.

Best regards,
Katrin

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:30 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Emu] I-D Action:draft-ietf-emu-chbind-04.txt
> 
> This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update Working Group of
the
> IETF.