Subject: [Emu] EMU meeting at IETF 76

From: "Joseph Salowey (jsalowey)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:09:12 -0700

On the DRAFT agenda EMU is scheduled to meet on MONDAY, November 9, 2009

1300-1500 Afternoon Session I

Acacia 1  	SEC  	emu  	 EAP Method Update WG 

Let me know if you have any items you would like to add to the agenda.

Thanks,

Joe

---

From: Pascal Urien <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:35:01 +0200

Hi Joe,

  I would like a slot to present with Christophe Kiennert the draft 
draft-urien-kiennert-emu-bio

Version:              00
Staging 
URL:       http://www.ietf.org/staging/draft-urien-kiennert-emu-bio-00.txt
Title:                  EAP BIO
Creation_date:     2009-10-15
WG ID:              Indvidual Submission
Number_of_pages: 18
Abstract:
EAP-TTLS is an EAP method that provides secured authentication as
described in RFC 5281. This method makes generally use of two phases
in order to complete authentication. The first one consists in the
authentication of the TTLS server to the client, established by a
TLS handshake between the client and the TTLS server. The handshake
may be either mutual or one-way. The authentication of the client to
the server may then be negotiated during phase two of EAP-TTLS,
thanks to widely-deployed authentication mechanisms such as CHAP,
PAP, MS-CHAP or MS-CHAP-V2.
The purpose of EAP-BIO is to define how to use a biometric
authentication mechanism during phase two of EAP-TTLS. This
authentication mechanism ranges from physiological characteristics
such as fingerprint identification, to behavioral characteristics
such as voice or signature analysis. Hence, EAP-BIO combines the
security features of EAP-TTLS and biometric authentication.

Best Regards

Pascal

At 20:09 15/10/2009, Joseph Salowey (jsalowey) wrote:
>_______________________________________________
>Emu mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu