Subject: [Emu] Protocol Action: 'Tunnel EAP Method (TEAP) Version 1' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-emu-eap-tunnel-method-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:25:08 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Tunnel EAP Method (TEAP) Version 1'
  (draft-ietf-emu-eap-tunnel-method-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the EAP Method Update Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-tunnel-method/

Technical Summary

This document defines the Tunnel Extensible Authentication Protocol
(TEAP) version 1. TEAP is a tunnel based EAP method that enables
secure communication between a peer and a server by using the
Transport Layer Security (TLS) to establish a mutually authenticated
tunnel. Within the tunnel, Type-Length-Value (TLV) objects are used
to convey authentication related data between the EAP peer and the
EAP server.

Working Group Summary

At the start of this work there were different proposals. Through a
long process the working group settled on the current approach and
document. There is good consensus from the working group on this document.

Document Quality

This document has had review from different groups including EMU, ABFAB,
NEA and RADEXT.

Personnel

Alan DeKok is the document Shepherd.
Sean Turner is the responsible AD.