Subject: [Emu] Questions about EAP-NOOB

From: Dan Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 12:38:41 +0100

Dear Toumas, Mohit,

We have been discussing EAP NOOB draft we would like to ask some 
questions about it. It is a very interesting approach related to IoT.

In EAP-NOOB as first step the EAP authenticator starts the authenction 
(e.g. the AP), eap-noob happens but it seems there will be a EAP failure 
, is this correct?
Assuming it is, if you send an EAP failure, will the EAP method still 
continue? How would this work? Since we are waiting, we assume, from an 
EAP success, or an alternative way of confirmation that the 
authentication has been completed.

It seems that the user gets something from the IoT device this something 
is due to the ECDH, right?

Regarding the discovery of the EAP authenticator. The AP should announce 
what are the available domains to where it is connected ( a solution 
based on the AAA infraestructure ?) Could this information be provided 
to the AP using IEEE 802.11u?

Related to this, what would be the realm provided by the EAP peer to the 
authenticator?

Another question would be which are the main radio technologies where 
EAP NOOB is expected to be used. Are you planning to support 802.15.4, 
WIFI, etc? In this line, do you have any EAP-NOOB implementation in Contiki?

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards.
Dan and Rafa.

-- 
Firma Correo 
=================================================================
	
	*Dan Garcia Carrillo, Ph.D.
Doctorado Industrial (MINECO)
E-mail: [email-masked]
*******

Odin Solutions, S.L.
Polígono Industrial Oeste
C/ Perú, 5, 3º, Oficina 12
30820 - Alcantarilla (Murcia) - Spain
Tlf.: +34 902 570 121
Web: www.odins.es
=================================================================

AVISO LEGAL: La información contenida en este correo electrónico, y en 
su caso en los documentos adjuntos, es información privilegiada para uso 
exclusivo de la persona y/o personas a las que va dirigido. No está 
permitido el acceso a este mensaje a cualquier otra persona distinta a 
los indicados. Si usted no es uno de los destinatarios, cualquier 
duplicación, reproducción, distribución, así como cualquier uso de la 
información contenida en él o cualquiera otra acción u omisión tomada en 
relación con el mismo, está prohibida y puede ser ilegal. En dicho caso, 
por favor notifíquelo al remitente y proceda a la eliminación de este 
correo electrónico, así como de sus adjuntos si los hubiere.

Asimismo, y en cumplimiento de Ley Orgánica 3/2018 de protección de 
datos de carácter personal y garantía de los derechos digitales y del 
Reglamento Europeo RGPD 679/2016 le informamos que sus datos están 
siendo objeto de tratamiento por parte de ODIN SOLUTIONS, S.L. con 
N.I.F. B-73.845.893, con la finalidad del mantenimiento y gestión de 
relaciones comerciales y administrativas. La base jurídica del 
tratamiento es el cumplimiento de la legislación fiscal, mercantil y 
contable. No se prevén cesiones y/o transferencias internacionales de 
datos. Para ejercitar sus derechos puede dirigirse a ODIN SOLUTIONS, 
S.L., domiciliada en C/ Perú, 5, 3º, Oficina 12, Pol. Ind. Oeste, 30820 
Alcantarilla (Murcia), o bien por E-mail a [email-masked], 
con el fin de ejercer sus derechos de acceso, rectificación, supresión 
(derecho al olvido), limitación de tratamiento, portabilidad de los 
datos, oposición, y a no ser objeto de decisiones automatizadas, 
indicando como Asunto: ·Derechos Ley Protección de Datos·, y adjuntando 
fotocopia de su D.N.I.