Subject: [Entmib] Entity mib to configure non TCP/IP devices ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:55:26 +0100

Hi,

eDevice offers TCP/IP connectivity solution for light devices through
Ethernet, PSTN and GSM networks. The scope of application goes from vending
machines to light VoIP terminals or utility meters, displays...

We currently look for the best and most standard way to configure and
access these legacy devices through the TCP/IP network. As our software
(i.e. the TCP/IP core) will be soon accessed through a standard MIB-II, we
think about using SNMP to extend the configuration till the non TCP/IP
device.

May the entity mib fulfill this requirement?

Is the list of legal values of PhysicalClass fixed or can we imagine to add
new values (like utility meter, vending machine, serial device...)?

Thanks for your help

Stefan GONNET
Mob : +33 6 22 04 89 03
Technical Support Engineer

************************************************************************
eDevice Technology..................The Internet Enabler
http://www.edevice.com
Parc Cadera Sud, Bat P2     33700 Merignac    FRANCE
Tel : +33 5 56 12 77 77    Fax : +33 5 56 12 90 00

420 Lexington Avenue, Suite 2300     New York, NY 10170   USA
Tel: +1 (212) 856 0000    Fax: +1 (212) 856 9339
************************************************************************
Unless otherwise specified, the recipient will use the Confidential
Information of eDevice only for the purposes of a potential business
relationship. The recipient will not copy eDevice's Confidential
Information without the prior written consent of eDevice.

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib