Subject: [Entmib] Working Group Status

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:47:19 -0500

Hi All,

Our new charter has been approved and posted on the IETF
web site.  I have already sent e-mail to update our 
completed milestones.

The following milestones will be marked as "done":

	Apr 01 Evaluate status of Entity MIB and collect 
		implementation and interoperability reports
	Sep 01 Recommend to the IESG if Entity MIB can be elevated 
		to Draft Standard.
	Dec 01 Post Internet-Draft for Sensor Entity MIB

We collected reports, determined that there is insufficient
experience to elevate RFC 2737 to Draft Standard, and recommended
against that elevation.  We are scheduled to gather further
information and reconsider the status of RFC 2737 in July 02.

We have an active Internet-Draft for the Sensor Entity MIB, 
thanks to Andy, Dan and KC.

There are three milestones that we should be working on
right now:

	Jan 02 Determine if the Entity MIB should be modified to 
		resolve any open issues
	Feb 02 Re-cycle the updated Entity MIB at proposed standard, 
		if necessary
	Apr 02 Submit final version of Internet-Draft for Sensor 
		Entity MIB for consideration as a Proposed Standard

At the SLC meeting, it was the clear consensus of the people
in the room that we should not update RFC 2737.  We preferred
to leave it as-is, and wait for further implementation 
experience.

Are there any objections to that plan from the list?  If not, we
will leave RFC 2737 as-is.

Are there any comments on our Sensor Entity MIB draft?  If possible,
I'd like to be ready for last call to move this document to PS, at
the end of our meeting in Minneapolis.

Thanks,
Margaret

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib