Subject: [Entmib] I thought we were keeping entAliasMappingTable?

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:52:17 -0500

hi

I was just looking at the lasted version of the Entity MIB version 3 and I
notice that the entAliasMappingTable is still deprecated. I thought we
agreed to keep this table?  

It's a critical table that ties together the logical interfaces and the
ports. If we deprecate this table we will a leave huge gaping hole in our
information model. I think it is worth holding back advancement until we get
implementation reports if that is what it takes.

Sharon Chisholm
Portfolio Integration
Nortel Networks
Ottawa, Canada

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib

---

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:19:57 -0500

hi

Well, I suspect there are many implementations in the pipe. I'm aware of a
couple. We had previously discussed one that people thought might be soon
available. It would be good to ping that person to see if it is now
available.  

I'll look around to see if I can find something completed.

I know we've been waiting for a while for implementation, so if you've lost
patience, I'd certainly understand. Alternatively, we could look at
publishing the ID without progressing it.

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Bierman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 9:03 AM
To: Chisholm, Sharon [CAR:0S00:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Entmib] I thought we were keeping entAliasMappingTable?

At 01:52 PM 3/23/2004, Sharon Chisholm wrote:
>hi
>
>I was just looking at the lasted version of the Entity MIB version 3 
>and I notice that the entAliasMappingTable is still deprecated. I 
>thought we agreed to keep this table?
>
>ports. If we deprecate this table we will a leave huge gaping hole in 
>our information model. I think it is worth holding back advancement 
>until we get implementation reports if that is what it takes.

Then where are the implementations if this is so critical?
I think Cisco was the only vendor to submit an implementation report for
this table, and it's only in a few of our products.

>Ottawa, Canada

Andy

---

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:19:57 -0500

hi

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Bierman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 9:03 AM
To: Chisholm, Sharon [CAR:0S00:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Entmib] I thought we were keeping entAliasMappingTable?

Andy