Subject: [Entmib] entstate-652 Security Considerations Text Changes

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:21:16 -0500

<Juergen>
q) I suggest to remove the following phrase from the security
considerations section:

... ranging from those running on a port to those on an entire
device, depending on the type of entity

I think disruption of service is good enough and says all. Note
that even disabling a port may not even lead to disruption of
service if there are for example backup paths that get activated
automatically (e.g., re-computation of a spanning tree in a bridged
LAN)." 
</Juergen>

Note that this text was added as a result of "#76: Security Considerations".
You can read the details at http://rt.psg.com (ietf, ietf). It had asked
that 

"The Security Considerations section should clearly articulate the 
operational risks of writing on entStateAdmin."

I propose we not remove this additional information unless we have strong
consensus given its origins.

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel Networks
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib