Subject: [Entmib] FW: DISCUSS: draft-ietf-entmib-v3-07.txt

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 01:04:38 +0100

Feedback from IESG

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Ted Hardie
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 23:28
To: [email-masked]
Subject: DISCUSS: draft-ietf-entmib-v3-07.txt

Minor, but should be fixed.  The document currently says:

entPhysicalUris OBJECT-TYPE
     SYNTAX      OCTET STRING
     MAX-ACCESS  read-write
     STATUS      current
     DESCRIPTION
             "This object contains additional identification information
             about the physical entity. The object contains URIs and
             therefore the syntax of this object must conform to RFC
             2396, section 2.

             Multiple URIs may be present and are separated by white
             space characters. Leading and trailing white space
             characters are ignored.

             If no additional identification information is known or
             supported about the physical entity the object is not
             instantiated.  A zero length octet string may also be
             returned in this case."
     REFERENCE
             "RFC 2396, Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic
             Syntax, section 2, August 1998."

This should be updated to the new URI RFC and a pointer to the
appropriate syntax restrictions.  This text also does not limit
the types of URIs which may be present.  If they are limited,
an enumerated list should be included.

The document also uses "CLEI URI" to refer to a URN in the CLEI
namespace.  That's technically correct, but it would be easier
to understand if CLEI URN was used.  Here's an example:

     The entPhysicalUris object may be used to encode for example a URI
     containing a Common Language Equipment Identifier (CLEI) URI for
     the managed physical entity. The URN name space for CLEIs is
     defined in [RFC CLEIURN], and the CLEI format is defined in
     [T1.213][T1.213a]. 

Simply swapping out (CLEI) URI for (CLEI) URN would be fine.

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib