Subject: [Extra] Protocol Action: 'IMAP UNAUTHENTICATE for Connection Reuse' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-extra-imap-unauth-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 09:36:48 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IMAP UNAUTHENTICATE for Connection Reuse'
  (draft-ietf-extra-imap-unauth-01.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise
or Amend Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-imap-unauth/

Technical Summary

   This specification extends the Internet Message Access Protocol
   (IMAP) to allow an administrative client to reuse the same IMAP
   connection on behalf of multiple IMAP user identities.

Working Group Summary

  This spec was accepted at the IETF101 meeting.  It has been around
  for years, but there was nowhere to submit it.

Document Quality

  The specification has been in use in at least one site for multiple
  years.  The integrations with various IMAP extensions have been very
  carefully specified.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd - Bron Gondwana (EXTRA co-chair)
  Responsible Area Director - Alexey Melnikov