Subject: [Extra] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-extra-imap-objectid-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 11:10:39 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-extra-imap-objectid-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-imap-objectid/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 5.2:

"The THREADID data item is an objectid which uniquely identifies a set
   of messages which the server believes should be grouped together when
   presented.
        ...
The server SHOULD return the same THREADID for related messages even
   if they are in different mailboxes."

"related" seems like a broader characterization than "messages which the server
believes should be grouped together when presented," but I'm assuming they are
meant to be equivalent. I think it would help to clarify this in the second
sentence, i.e., that messages that would appear threaded if they were in the
same mailbox SHOULD return the same THREADID even if they are in different
mailboxes.

Section 8.1:

s/from the following set of 64 codepoints. a-z, A-Z, 0-9, '_', '-'./from the
following set of 64 codepoints: a-z, A-Z, 0-9, '_', '-'./