Subject: [Extra] Montreal Agenda, Advance Information regarding draft-yu-imap-client-id

From: Michael Peddemors <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 11:56:19 -0700

Hello Everyone..

Agenda Item: EXTRA: IETF102 Montreal / 2018-07-19 11:00 - 12:00
Agenda Topic:  draft-yu-imap-client-id 15m

We thank you for your patience as we go through the RFC process, as this 
is our first draft presentation, and not 100% sure of the 'standard' 
approaches to gain consensus, and move this forward..

Since the agenda and time allocations were shortened up, our original 
plans for making a "full presentation" on the draft, and a presenting a 
fuller background on why we believe this is important, will have to be 
adjusted, given the amount of time available.

After a suggestion by Bron, given the time available.. he suggested I 
post the information I planned to give in a presentation style ahead of 
time, so that everyone has time to review, and we can maximize the time 
allotted for discussion..

With that in mind, I have decided to post links to materials that give 
you the background, as well as the draft materials on this subject.

(Not sure the PPT presentation materials work as well for reading 
materials, as it would in a presentation, but included for reference as 
a PDF)

Attachment: IETFPresentation.pdf (Slides, and Slides w/notes)

Draft Location: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yu-imap-client-id-00

... Some other related materials/links you might be interested in ...

Related: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-storey-smtp-client-id-05

Additional: 
https://blog.linuxmagic.com/2018/05/15/security-vs-privacy-an-argument-for-cid-authentication/

Again, we thank you for your time, and look forward to discussing this 
proposal, as well as working with this group, and learning what they can 
share with us to help guide this proposal through the process.

	-- Michael --

PS, Should any of you wish to have a preliminary discussion prior to the 
meeting to discuss this in more detail, feel free to ping me.. will be 
available in Montreal from Tuesday to Thursday. And as well, my CTO 
Shaun Johnson will be available if you wish to discuss any technical 
implementation details, our CID Implementation and our early experiences.

-- 
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Peddemors, President/CEO LinuxMagic Inc.
Visit us at http://www.linuxmagic.com @linuxmagic
A Wizard IT Company - For More Info http://www.wizard.ca
"LinuxMagic" a Registered TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
604-682-0300 Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

This email and any electronic data contained are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and are not intended to represent those of the company.