Subject: [Extra] RFC 8457 on IMAP "$Important" Keyword and "\Important" Special-Use Attribute

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 17:14:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8457

        Title:      IMAP "$Important" Keyword and "Important" 
                    Special-Use Attribute 
        Author:     B. Leiba, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22542
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-extra-specialuse-important-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8457

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8457

RFC 6154 created an IMAP special-use LIST extension and defined an
initial set of attributes.  This document defines a new attribute,
"Important", and establishes a new IANA registry for IMAP folder
attributes, which include the attributes defined in RFCs 5258, 3501,
and 6154.  This document also defines a new IMAP keyword,
"$Important", and registers it in the registry defined in RFC 5788.

This document is a product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise or Amend Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC